wonderful weddings!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Changing name on your passport

2 posters

Go down

Changing name on your passport Empty Changing name on your passport

Post  MrsMarks2B Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:46 pm

Just wanted a bit of advice really. H2b's booked honeymoon in my married name as we thought would be really easy to sort my passport out and I 'd quite like to travel as Mrs Marks. But since we actually booked I've read somewhere that some countries wont let you in on a post dated passport, which is what my new one would be as they post date it to the wedding date, I guess my question is does anyone know if this is the case in the Dominican Republic (aaaaarhg cant wait). I don't plan on going abroad before the wedding so that aspect of it wont be a problem, just want to actually be able to have my honeymoon . Has anyone else done this or are you all travelling in your maiden name? pale

MrsMarks2B
Paper Bride
Paper Bride

Back to top Go down

Changing name on your passport Empty Re: Changing name on your passport

Post  Mrs Missty Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:28 pm

I've just got my passport so I can travel in my married name, as long as you aren't travelling before the date of your wedding you will be fine. From what I've read though, you cannot use the passport to travel before the date of the wedding as this is the date the passport is valid from, so for people getting married abroad I guess you would have to travel in your maiden name.

I don't get married for just under two months, but wanted to make sure I had the passport in plenty of time for the honeymoon.

Hope this makes sense. x
Mrs Missty
Mrs Missty
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down