My father, the arse

Go down

My father, the arse

Post  UnconventionalBride on Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:51 am

Just had an email off my sister; it is very stoic but reading between the lines I can see she's upset. It's her birthday on Friday, and today our father has sent her a happy birthday email and instructions on how to access the money he's sent her (she lives in Germany).

I'm so angry. When our parents were together, family birthdays were a MASSIVE thing amongst us all; we always made sure to make time for them and have a special tea or a day out if it was a weekend or a school holiday. Now he and mum aren't together he just doens't give a toss. He was never like this before and it hurts so much. He got my birthday wrong too a couple of years ago, and has also got my age wrong before now. It's NOT one of those "all men are useless"* things because he USED to be great about this sort of thing. Now, he just doens't care. It hurts so much that your own father can't take the time to get your bloody birthday right. It's not fecking hard, Dad. Mad Sad

*I HATE THAT SORT OF SENTIMENT
UnconventionalBride
Paper Bride
Paper Bride

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My father, the arse

Post  Irish_Bride_2_b on Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:50 am

Oh no, your poor sister, and you!

My biological father is exactly the same (which is why i havent bothered with him at all for the last 15 yrs, and if it hadnt been for my cousin working at a venue we looked at for our wedding, he would never of known we are doing the deed!)

Its not fair though for him to think that just cos he and your mum are no longer together, that he can just stop caring about his kids... grrrr...... makes me so mad when people act like this!! Money doesnt replace someone being in your life!!

Hope you both feel better soon.
x
Irish_Bride_2_b
Tin Bride
Tin Bride

View user profile

Back to top Go down