wonderful weddings!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ladies problem, maybe tmi

+2
zepsgal (admin)
Charlie(10/07/10)
6 posters

Go down

Ladies problem, maybe tmi Empty Ladies problem, maybe tmi

Post  Charlie(10/07/10) Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:51 am

Well, a bit of background. I have had several abnormal smears over the past 5 years. I have had to go to hospital for loop diathermy three times. Incase you don't know what that is, they basically have a little electric loop wire, and they use it to take the bad cells off your cervix. Although you can smell it, that's not the worst part. It's the needle they put in your cervix before hand that hurts. The last time I had this procedure done was last November. Today I have to go back to hospital (10.40 appointment), to have a smear. Or atleast that's what the consultant said it would be. But surely if it was just a smear I would've been sent to the doctors for that? I have an awful feeling I'm going to need loop diathermy again this morning, and I'm terrified. I know people have been through worse, but I honestly can't stand it. It's painful at the time and I end up with horrendous cramps after. I've had a few tears this morning, and I'm so nervous I'm shaking. I have no option but to go. It's either this, or run the risk of the bad cells turning into cancer. I don't want to leave my boys like Jade Goody did. Crying or Very sad

No need to reply, just thought I might feel better if I wrote it down. But nope, that hasn't worked anyway. Sad
Charlie(10/07/10)
Charlie(10/07/10)
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Ladies problem, maybe tmi Empty Re: Ladies problem, maybe tmi

Post  zepsgal (admin) Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:20 am

Awww mrs sending some massive hugs your way Sad

I know its not nice, Ive not had it done, but Ive had other treatments done (endoscopy) and thats not nice either! Every time I was at the hospital they were always shoving cameras up my bum (sorry, tmi!!) I used to dread going, but I knew I had to.

Not got much advise really, other than suck it up cos you need to go mrs, its either that or you know it could get much worse

Have another big ((((hug)))) Smile
zepsgal (admin)
zepsgal (admin)
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  married29 Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:25 am

ive had it too hun xx

married29
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah sajo Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:40 am

Aw sending you lots of hugs, hope it went ok, let us know how you got on xx
Sarah sajo
Sarah sajo
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie(10/07/10) Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:13 am

Well, I waited half an hour to be seen, wishing they'd hurry up and see me, get it over and done with. Finally got into the room, sat next to the consultant. I out right ask her if she will do loop diathermy today. She says no, instant relief, then she says just a smear and possibly and biopsy (which I've had before and wasn't pleasant either). Cue first crying session. Nurse ushers me into the toilet with tissue to wipe my eyes, tells me to get unchanged and put a hospital gown on. I do that while trying not to ball my eyes out. Compose myself, go back into room. Get onto bed, lay down. She first goes in with her small speculum, tring to find my cervix. Cue pain. She says to nurse "she's had too much surgery, her cervix is too short for this speculum, I need a longer one". Nurse gets longer one, this is much more comfortable, as she doesn't have to push it around so much to find cervix. She does the smear, then tells me she is going to put solution on to show up any abnormal cells, and it will sting a bit. It stings loads. But no abnormal area's show up, so she says she doesn't need to take a biopsy. Cue second crying session from relief. I'm told to go get back dressed, which I do. Come out, sit back down next to consultant. She says my smear results will be wth me within 3 weeks by post, and she thinks they will be clear, because the solution showed no abnormal area's. I'm glad to hear this. But I ask her, because she said my cervix is very short, what will happen if I have more abnormal smear results in the future. She tells me that if this happens, I will be given options, but due to the shortness of my cervix, and the trauma these experiences are causing me, the option of a hysterectomy would be offered, and probably reccommended. Cue crying session number 3.

I now feel gutted. I am only 25, don't want a hysterectomy. Kyle and I was thinking of having another baby after the Wedding. And now, if this smear comes back abnormal, we won't be able to. I hate the option being taken from me. I just feel so lucky that I already have 2 gorgeous boys. And now, I am soooo glad that I had children young. I'm still terrified though. I've had a good cry on Kyles shoulder since I got home. Don't feel any better, but it's just a waiting game now. Crying or Very sad
Charlie(10/07/10)
Charlie(10/07/10)
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  married29 Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:16 am

awwww hun awfull for you ive got my 3 ifthey offered it too me i would but like u said youd like annother my cousion her womb is comin away the linen of it she has a 4yr old child they said they might have too take it out shes 22 yrs old i hope it all works out and remember we are always here for u xxx

married29
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  zepsgal (admin) Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:08 am

Awww sweetie!

Just because you have abnormal cells doesnt mean you have to have a hysterectomy! My friend had abnormal cells, which she ended up having surgery to remove part of her cervix, and she has went on to have two beautiful little girls!

Of course, the doctors know best, and if you had to have a hysterectomy then you would have one. But dont get yourself all upset over something that may never happen. I know its easy to say it sitting here, its not happening to me, but just wanted to say that it might not come to that mrs. You need to jus twait for these results from today and take it from there

x x x
zepsgal (admin)
zepsgal (admin)
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie(10/07/10) Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:33 am

That's what I have had 3 times zeps! Surgery to remove part of my cervix. That's what loop diathermy does. And apparently my cervix looks too short to have it done again. So next option is hysterectomy. This afternoon, h2b and I have had loads of cuddles. I asked him if he'd still want to marry me if I couldn't have any more babies. He said all that matters to him is the kids we've already got and my health. I'm still upset, I wanted to give him another child, I know he wanted another. And if truth be told, I wanted another in a year or so. But it makes me feel alot better knowing that he loves me, and wants to be with me, regardless of all this. I'm having more trouble accepting the situation though. x
Charlie(10/07/10)
Charlie(10/07/10)
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  zepsgal (admin) Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:43 am

Oh sorry mrs, me and my big mouth, shouldnt really open it without understanding all the facts.....

x x
zepsgal (admin)
zepsgal (admin)
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie(10/07/10) Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:56 am

Nah, don't worry hun. It's confusing. I'd had the loop diathermy twice before having my last baby. Had it once since. So babies after can be done, it's just I'm running out of cervix for them to take away. I've just had enough now, want it to stop. They keep cutting away the bad cells, but they just keep coming back. So in a way, having a hysterectomy would probably be a good decision for me. But on the other hand, I don't want my fertility taken away from me. And I'm scared I will feel less like a woman afterwards. They will have to take my cervix out obviously, and I can't help but wonder what my downstairs will be like. Will it be really different? Will it be really abnormal? I don't honestly know, but I'm scared shit of having it done.
Charlie(10/07/10)
Charlie(10/07/10)
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Missty Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:46 pm

Not sure what to say, hun, but big hugs and try and keep positive (know easier said than done!). xx
Mrs Missty
Mrs Missty
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  LouiseYxxx Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:56 am

Charlie

Try not to think worst case scenario just yet. You've had so much to contend with its a lot to take on board. Going by what you were told hopefully this smear result will be fine and you won't need to worry. I think most people worry about feeling less of a woman etc when hysterectomy is mentioned, its normal. Hopefully it won't come to that. If it does though you'll have your h2b their to support you and help you through it all. I'm sure he loves you regardless and would rather he had you than you not having the op and then getting cancer Sad

Big hugs and we are here if you need us xx
LouiseYxxx
LouiseYxxx
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down