Severe lack of motivation...

Go down

Severe lack of motivation...

Post  Irish_Bride_2_b on Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:21 am

I have been trying to lose weight since January, but then with one thing and another, i have not been successful in maintaining any small weight loss!
I have now totally lost any motivation i have! I know the big day is incentive enough, but i cant get any enthusiasm up at all!! Mad

I was wondering if any of you ladies had any tips on gaining motivation and sticking to it - i know that if i stuck up a pic of my wedding dress on my fridge that would do it, but obviously i cant do that and i also havent chosen it yet (too fat to go dress shopping!) so thats out........

I have just lost all my weight loss mojo and am very miffed and cross with myself! Am planning to try again at the start of March.... Neutral
Irish_Bride_2_b
Tin Bride
Tin Bride

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Severe lack of motivation...

Post  FutureMrsP on Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:34 am

1) set yourself a small target- a certain weight by a certain time. Make sure its achieveable.
2) Post said target here.
3) Keep us updated on the progress.

On old fetti we were trying to loose half a stone by St Patricks Day- started just after Valentines Day.

FutureMrsP
Tin Bride
Tin Bride

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nikkiduck 17/07/10 on Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:36 am

aww hun i had this, before christmas i lost 7lbs in a month, but then since xmas i have put 4lbs back on boooooo
i am back on it today (i have tried everyday for the last 2 months lol) and so far so good, i stand infront of the mirror as i hate feeling the way i do about myself, i have never liked the way i looked and i stand infront of the mirror in my undies to give me that extra push not to pick up the choccie or not to have the cup of tea with 3 sugars in 5 times a day,
i also keep a food diary..... as i hate having to write the bad food down and i get such a buzz at end of day when i see ive done well. im doing good today....... lets hope it can last when kids go to bed and im in alone lol xxx
good luck hun xxx
you can do it
xx
nikkiduck 17/07/10
Paper Bride
Paper Bride

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  barbs13/08/11 on Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:14 pm

I also post occasionally on Project Wedding and I'm part of a challenge there. I set myself a goal to lose 10 lbs in weight between the day after Valentines Day and St Patrick's Day, weigh each Monday and check in with the result which is logged on the site. If anyone would like to do something similar here, I'd be happy to keep track of the results???
barbs13/08/11
Paper Bride
Paper Bride

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ExcitedBrunetteBride2Be on Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:54 pm

The one thing that helped me (before finding out I am pregnant) was www.sparkpeople.com a few girls have joined it and it has worked wonders for them!

I lost 9lb using Spark Very Happy
ExcitedBrunetteBride2Be
Tin Bride
Tin Bride

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie(10/07/10) on Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:21 am

I tried dieting at the beginning of January, but failed miserably Crying or Very sad

I am starting again at the beginning of March (probably this Sunday or Monday coming), as I know then I will only have 4 months to shift the flab before the Wedding. I think that will be incentive enough for me! But about 4 years ago, I had booked a summer holiday, and really really wanted to wear a bikini. That was my incentive then. I wrote down everyday how many miles I'd cycled on my excercise bike, then added it all up at the end of the week, and I was gobsmacked to see how many miles I'd actually done! I also wrote down what I'd eaten everyday, and how many calories in each thing I'd eaten, and added up the calories for each day. I'd feel really good if I'd eaten less than 1200! And I lost 1 and half stones in about 3 and half months. I think you need to find something that works for you, as everyone is different, so what might work for some won't neccessarily work for others. Think about why you want to lose weight, and somehow use that as an incentive. x
Charlie(10/07/10)
Old Married
Old Married

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Irish_Bride_2_b on Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:56 am

Thanks very much for your advice girls...

I really like the idea of setting a smaller target and a date to achieve it by, so i will definately use that. Also, i am going to write down what i eat so i can see just how much i am eating as well as the exercise i take.

thanks again ladies, and keep those tips coming in! I will post in the next few days when i have set a target and date to achieve it by!
xx
Irish_Bride_2_b
Tin Bride
Tin Bride

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down