wonderful weddings!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My dress is in...

4 posters

Go down

My dress is in... Empty My dress is in...

Post  alison27_11 Mon May 24, 2010 3:37 am

Whta do i do now?!

It might sound like a stupid question, but my wedding isn't for another 6 months! Do I make an apointment to have a fitting or leave it another couple of months?

I dont intend on loosing huge amounts of weight in the next 6 months, so should i go and have a fitting?!?!?!?
alison27_11
alison27_11
Tin Bride
Tin Bride

Back to top Go down

My dress is in... Empty Re: My dress is in...

Post  zepsgal (admin) Mon May 24, 2010 4:49 am

Woop Woop!!!! Very Happy

Im not sure if they will book you for a fitting this early honey. My dress was an ex sample so its been in the shop for a year and a half. I phoned a few months back for a fitting, and she booked me in for the middle of June (wedding is 3rd September). So thats about 2 1/5 months before.

Any sneaky peaks at your dress?! Love looking at dresses!

x x
zepsgal (admin)
zepsgal (admin)
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  alison27_11 Mon May 24, 2010 5:21 am

Well i received a letter from the shop saying its in and should book an appointment, and please can i make the payment!

I was just thinking that 6 months is too soon to have a fitting.

if you google maggie sottero summer royale (I'm having a computer illiterate day!) ..thats the one!
alison27_11
alison27_11
Tin Bride
Tin Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsM2B (SmileyBride) Mon May 24, 2010 11:39 am

beautiful dress!

MrsM2B (SmileyBride)
Tin Bride
Tin Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsM2B (SmileyBride) Mon May 24, 2010 11:41 am

zepsgal (admin) wrote:Woop Woop!!!! Very Happy

Im not sure if they will book you for a fitting this early honey. My dress was an ex sample so its been in the shop for a year and a half. I phoned a few months back for a fitting, and she booked me in for the middle of June (wedding is 3rd September). So thats about 2 1/5 months before.

x x

Zeps, how did you get the sample dress? The shop I tried mine on in had my perfect size as their sample and I've just emailed them to see if I can buy that (as the original is over my budget) do you think that's ok to do or too cheeky?

MrsM2B (SmileyBride)
Tin Bride
Tin Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah sajo Mon May 24, 2010 1:06 pm

I would say too early, what do the shop recommend? I think they all tend to do things differently x
Sarah sajo
Sarah sajo
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  alison27_11 Tue May 25, 2010 2:14 am

MrsM2B (SmileyBride) wrote:beautiful dress!

Ah, thank you. I love it!

Sarah, i too thought it was too early, but I am going to call them today and pay the balance. Will see what they say about a fitting.

Thanks ladies.
alison27_11
alison27_11
Tin Bride
Tin Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah sajo Tue May 25, 2010 2:26 am

When I got my dress they just asked me for money and told me to take it away! They didnt have room to store it, they had someone they reccomended for alterations but no one actually in house so since March mine has been stored at my nanas house, I went for a fitting almost 2 weeks ago from a person I found myself, just waiting for it to come back x
Sarah sajo
Sarah sajo
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  alison27_11 Tue May 25, 2010 2:40 am

It's being stored somewhere (dont know where). The letter says they need 2 weeks to retrieve it from storage to press it, to have to ready for my fittings. Roll on 10am so i can call them.

When i bought it they said i would need to take it away 2 weeks before the wedding, but it wasn't set it stone. I can take it whenever i like.
alison27_11
alison27_11
Tin Bride
Tin Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  zepsgal (admin) Tue May 25, 2010 2:59 am

MrsM2B (SmileyBride) wrote:
zepsgal (admin) wrote:Woop Woop!!!! Very Happy

x x

Zeps, how did you get the sample dress? The shop I tried mine on in had my perfect size as their sample and I've just emailed them to see if I can buy that (as the original is over my budget) do you think that's ok to do or too cheeky?

The sample dress was in the sale honey, but I dont think its cheeky to ask to buy yours though! Think the dress was like a 2008 dress, so its sooooo not in fashion anymore! lol Laughing Have you looked on preloved, sell my wedding dress etc etc to see if you can find it there? Fingers crossed they let you buy it!
zepsgal (admin)
zepsgal (admin)
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down