wonderful weddings!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Honeymoon dilema, feel like a right cow :-(

+2
missusS
zepsgal (admin)
6 posters

Go down

Honeymoon dilema, feel like a right cow :-( Empty Honeymoon dilema, feel like a right cow :-(

Post  zepsgal (admin) Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:06 am

Need a bit of advice, I know I can count on you lot not to make me feel bad lol!

We have been told by h2b's mum that 'someone' is buying us a honeymoon, booking us into a lodge for 3/4 nights after the wedding. I found out yesterday that it is our best man. Feel a bit bad cos he doesnt work a full time job, he just works part time so I know he doesnt have a lot of cash. He was looking for a lodge and panicked a bit at the prices. H2b's mum has managed to get us a good deal at a hotel in Dunkeld through a friend of hers, 4 night b&b for £200. Oh Im going to sound like such an ungrateful cow, but I dont really want to go to a hotel Crying or Very sad I know I should be grateful, and I really am, Im so shocked that he would consider spending that amount of money on us, I just think, well I wanted a private place for just me and h2b. I wanted it to be just us, alone somewhere, where we could do what we wanted when we wanted.

His mum was saying the woman who runs the hotel knows her and she will make us feel at home, and h2b's cousin works at that hotel, he will go out with us one night and show us the town. His aunt is going to meet up with us for dinner another night cos we are up local to her......

Hmmm. Even writing that down I feel like a right cow. People are only trying to be nice and here I am saying Just leave us alone!

Sorry, just fed up with it all Crying or Very sad
zepsgal (admin)
zepsgal (admin)
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Honeymoon dilema, feel like a right cow :-( Empty Re: Honeymoon dilema, feel like a right cow :-(

Post  missusS Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:14 am

I know exactly where you're coming from with that! I don't think you're being a cow at all, you just want to spend a couple of days together, the reason we are not looking at short breaks in the borders is cos his sister lives down that way! Laughing Don't know how you can get out of it tho! Could you suggest that 2 nights would be great, thanks very much, and get away on your own later on? Hmmm, that's a tricky one!
missusS
missusS
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Honeymoon dilema, feel like a right cow :-( Empty Re: Honeymoon dilema, feel like a right cow :-(

Post  zepsgal (admin) Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:20 am

Thats kinda what Im thinking. Take the present, say thanks very much, enjoy the break and stop being a bloody moaner!

We were planning on trying to get away for a wee break at the start of the year anyway cos we cant afford to go away in september, then go on a proper holiday to Italy or something for a proper honeymoon in like June July time. I need to start being more grateful when people are being nice to us! Laughing
zepsgal (admin)
zepsgal (admin)
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  kr15 Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:25 am

I can completely see where your coming from and your not a cow Smile

I would be tempted to say thank you very very much and take it, but look forward to a trip you could maybe book yourself?
kr15
kr15
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  alison27_11 Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:27 am

I'm with the others.... take the trip and do something just the two of you later on.

and you're not being a cow Very Happy
alison27_11
alison27_11
Tin Bride
Tin Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  zepsgal (admin) Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:36 am

Thanks girls!

Right, Im going to tell his mum to just book the cheap rate hotel!

http://www.merryburn.co.uk/rooms.htm And it is a really nice hotel, Im happy to go there

x
zepsgal (admin)
zepsgal (admin)
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  missusS Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:18 am

It looks lovely, I'm sure you'll enjoy it
missusS
missusS
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah sajo Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:31 am

You are not being a cow, why would you want to spend your honeymoon with wulls cousins and his bestfriends sisters auntys cousin etc etc, it is a lovely thought but of course you just want some time just the two of you, could you not say that you are very grateful but would prefer travel vouchers or something towards your proper honeymoon next year? x
Sarah sajo
Sarah sajo
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  zepsgal (admin) Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:55 am

Too late now, its all booked.

Im going to enjoy it ( keep telling myself this lol!) Im going to find fun day trip things we can do, find some nice places to go out for dinner, make a wee holiday out of it. Def not going to meet up with ANYONE, I dont care how nice they are trying to be! So that is my compromise! I will enjoy it, but will not see anyone! Very Happy
zepsgal (admin)
zepsgal (admin)
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  missusS Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:28 am

lol, that's a good compromise, good luck with sticking to it!
missusS
missusS
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah sajo Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:23 am

Good idea and just keep thinking of your holiday next year x
Sarah sajo
Sarah sajo
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  zepsgal (admin) Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:40 am

I am, just went to the travel agents and picked up a few brochures! Roll on next year! Laughing
zepsgal (admin)
zepsgal (admin)
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  LouiseYxxx Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:35 am

The hotel looks beautiful The two of you can always lock yourselves away in their and make your own fun Wink that way you can pretend you're in a wee seculded lodge and make the most of it. We only went to Liverpool for 2 days after the wedding but we enjoyed it all the same xx
LouiseYxxx
LouiseYxxx
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  zepsgal (admin) Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:42 am

Yeah Louise, I think you are right, we can just make our own fun! Ive got some nice undies I bought for my boudoir shoot that I can take along, maybe a wee trip to Ann Summers soon to get some nice massage oils or something.....

Ive booked us on a wee day break too! A girl I know works at http://www.scottishquads.co.uk/ and has got me a good discount on quad biking and clay pidgeon shooting! Laughing Not told Wull yet, might try and keep that as a suprise for him!

Very Happy
zepsgal (admin)
zepsgal (admin)
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  LouiseYxxx Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:57 am

There you go, its sounding better already Wink You might as well get use out of all the bits you bought for your boudior shoot too.

I think it would be lovely if you kept the wee day break as a surprise. I'm sure Wull would be delighted with it as looking at the website it seems like all the things men love lol

Very Happy
LouiseYxxx
LouiseYxxx
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down