wonderful weddings!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who watched the Gypsy Wedding thing last night?

+4
Mrs F to be
Claire-Joannah-Rhymes2b
zepsgal (admin)
Charlie(10/07/10)
8 posters

Go down

Who watched the Gypsy Wedding thing last night? Empty Who watched the Gypsy Wedding thing last night?

Post  Charlie(10/07/10) Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:57 am

In some ways I think their Weddings are lovely, but in other ways, like the neon green and blue bridesmiad dresses, I think they are a bit tacky. Over the top? Just a bit. Some of the actual Wedding Dresses are amazing though, although I don't think I'd like to have to be squeezed down the stairs! And I think if no one knew where the Wedding Reception was until the day, I'd be worried that no one would show up! lol
Charlie(10/07/10)
Charlie(10/07/10)
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Who watched the Gypsy Wedding thing last night? Empty Re: Who watched the Gypsy Wedding thing last night?

Post  zepsgal (admin) Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:00 am

Oooh I loved that!! They were so over the top it was amazing! I would never wear a dress like theirs but in their culture massive dresses are normal! The ott weddings are standard to them, I think its fantastic!!

And that scene in the petrol station when they were all following each other and phoning mobiles to find out where the wedding was was just hilarious!!! Laughing
zepsgal (admin)
zepsgal (admin)
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Who watched the Gypsy Wedding thing last night? Empty Re: Who watched the Gypsy Wedding thing last night?

Post  Claire-Joannah-Rhymes2b Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:01 am

I havnt seen the programme but seen pics of the brides online...one had that mahoosive techni coloured dress... it looke pretty tragic but each to their own i guess....
Claire-Joannah-Rhymes2b
Claire-Joannah-Rhymes2b
Administrator
Administrator

https://love-weddings.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie(10/07/10) Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:03 am

Tragic isn't the word for it! Laughing

But it is their way of life, ther're used to it. Atleast they know how to have a good time!
Charlie(10/07/10)
Charlie(10/07/10)
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  zepsgal (admin) Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:12 am

I know none of us 'country' folk like it, but to them the massive ott weddings are totally normal and standard!

I honestly think it was amazing! And the girl that was all 'Im not getting a massive dress, it will be a slinky tight dress' which she did get, the proceeded to get a MASSIVE MASSIVE fluffy train on the back!! Laughing Oh that made me laugh!
zepsgal (admin)
zepsgal (admin)
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs F to be Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:15 am

although not to my taste the work that went into those dresses was absolutely amazing - that women that makes them must be quite talented! Many of the bridesmaids dresses resembled those loo roll doll cover my nan had al la 1980 but boy do those guys throw a party!!!

One thing i will say is that those kids are brought up right - which is one thing they do well - they are taught respect which is one thing that sadly is slipping in our society.

Mrs F to be
Paper Bride
Paper Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  zepsgal (admin) Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:18 am

Yeah they are brought up well, but for a culture that has a massive 'No sex before marriage' rule they let their youngsters wear very provocative clothing!

Did you see the young girls dancing at the wedding with their skimpy clothes on?? Shocked
zepsgal (admin)
zepsgal (admin)
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs F to be Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:20 am

lol! i did have to laugh at that can't see my dad ever letting me step out the door at that age in an outfit (what there was of it ha ha!) very tacky but suppose whatever floats your boat...my other half did actually say can you imagine if people turned up to our wedding dressed like that (i think the blokes would be secretly pleased!!)

Mrs F to be
Paper Bride
Paper Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie(10/07/10) Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:20 am

Clothes? I saw no clothes, I saw belts, is that what you mean?! Laughing
Charlie(10/07/10)
Charlie(10/07/10)
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  Claire-Joannah-Rhymes2b Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:20 am

Didnt one resemble a tangerine? x
Claire-Joannah-Rhymes2b
Claire-Joannah-Rhymes2b
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  zepsgal (admin) Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:23 am

I think they all looked a bit tangerine..... Laughing
zepsgal (admin)
zepsgal (admin)
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Claire-Joannah-Rhymes2b Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:26 am

I thought she looked like she'd bathed in orange paint for the night....and the eybrows? What was with them eyebrows??
Claire-Joannah-Rhymes2b
Claire-Joannah-Rhymes2b
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Bridewannabe Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:10 am

zepsgal (admin) wrote:I know none of us 'country' folk like it, but to them the massive ott weddings are totally normal and standard!

I honestly think it was amazing! And the girl that was all 'Im not getting a massive dress, it will be a slinky tight dress' which she did get, the proceeded to get a MASSIVE MASSIVE fluffy train on the back!! Laughing Oh that made me laugh!

That made me laugh too. What made me crack up as well was the 50 year-old retired boxer ( Laughing ) who said call me whatever you like, call me a c*** but don't call me a pikey! Laughing
Bridewannabe
Bridewannabe
Paper Bride
Paper Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  Claire-Joannah-Rhymes2b Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:14 am

Ahh girls - what am i missing - I will have to watch it now! Sounds like a giggle Laughing
Claire-Joannah-Rhymes2b
Claire-Joannah-Rhymes2b
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  LaniG2B Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:42 pm

Me and H2B watched it and we laughed and gasped in horror all the way through it! Laughing I did feel sorry for the girl who had her reception cancelled because she and her family are gypsies. Sad
LaniG2B
LaniG2B
Paper Bride
Paper Bride

http://www.scilly-bride.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  FutureMrsP Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:15 pm

The thing that got me was how, for the girls, the only ambition they had was to get married. However thats their culture.
I also thought it was a shame venues were so judgemental about them. I know they may have there reasons, but its still racism.

FutureMrsP
Tin Bride
Tin Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie(10/07/10) Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:26 am

It is a bit discriminatory, but I can also see things from the venue's point of view. The Gypsy's and travellers do have a reputation for violence and general bad behaviour, so if you owned a venue, would you want to run the risk? I know they are not all like that, but to a venue I should think they're very cautious. I'm wondering though, how the venue's can get away with cancelling these weddings? I mean, surely a contract is put into place, just like any other venue booking, and I see no where in our contract that says that can canel if they find out we're Gypsy's!
Charlie(10/07/10)
Charlie(10/07/10)
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  missusS Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:37 am

I've just found it on demand, so will watch it while I iron Smile
missusS
missusS
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down