wonderful weddings!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

feeling rubbish- sorry its long

+2
Charlie(10/07/10)
Sarah sajo
6 posters

Go down

feeling rubbish- sorry its long Empty feeling rubbish- sorry its long

Post  Sarah sajo Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:29 am

Sorry to moan on girls I just feel really rubbish today I have a cold and I am sat at my desk on my own (I work in an office by myself) I hate my job and my boss and its really starting to bring me down. I work in a Solicitors and provide Home Information Packs to an estate agent so I work within the estate agents office just a couple of doors down from the solicitors offices. I am the only one in the company that knows how to do them and my computer is the only one in the company that has the right package on to put the packs together. I went on holiday twice last year, one week in sorrrento then later in the year we went to Ibiza for a week, while I was off very little of my work was covered by the two receptionists, who have since then both walked out so we now all have to take in turns one day a week to cover the receptionists job who have not been replaced. I am really starting to struggle keeping on top of my work and being away from my work one day a week as there is nothing I can do from that computer when I cover, also if anyone else is on holiday it seems to be me or one other woman who gets their load too! But when I am away no one does anything to help me! I have been so busy lately I am really starting to worry what will happen when I go to Italy for 2 weeks to get married and that all I will be able to think about while I am there is what I have to come back to at work, since the 2 girls who did help a little bit are no longer here. My boss is a complete Pr!ck who shouts and screams and takes huffs and sticks two fingers up at the phone if its someone he doesnt want to talk to!! I am becoming miserable all of the time its causing problems at home with H2b as he is always worried about me, he has told me we can manage if I leave and he just wants me to be happy, I feel like at the minute I couldnt even take one day off because I would be so snowed under when I came back, I just cant justify leaving though and having H2B pay for everything x
Sarah sajo
Sarah sajo
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

feeling rubbish- sorry its long Empty Re: feeling rubbish- sorry its long

Post  Charlie(10/07/10) Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:44 am

I don't know what to say hun, just didn't want to read and run. Is there no way you could try to change jobs? If your h2b can afford to support you both solely on his wage, it may not be a bad thing to consider, if this is causing tension in your relationship. It sounds to me like you really need a break. big hugs. x
Charlie(10/07/10)
Charlie(10/07/10)
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah sajo Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:02 am

Yeah he seems to think we can manage on his wage, I just feel terrible walking out of a job esp the way things are at the moment and so many people are desperate for jobs. I will keep looking and hopefully be able to find something else before we go away for the wedding x
Sarah sajo
Sarah sajo
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  zepsgal (admin) Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:25 am

Mrs, if you and h2b can get by on his wage, even if its scrape by on his wages, then you need to leave! Yes its better to have a job than no job, but a job that you hate and that makes you miserable?? I wouldnt be there if I didnt have to be.

Sending some big ((((hugs)))) your way mrs, I dont really like my job, but I couldnt imaging hating it like you do

x x x
zepsgal (admin)
zepsgal (admin)
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah sajo Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:32 am

I know, everyone keeps telling me to leave, I have been sat in tears at my desk again this morning I feel like all I do lately is cry, its just my pride I think, what am I like! I know it sounds silly but I would hate for me to feel like this and it start to affect our wedding day, tbh somedays its already starting to, thats for your advice girls xx
Sarah sajo
Sarah sajo
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie(10/07/10) Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:36 am

Get out now hun, before more damage is done. x
Charlie(10/07/10)
Charlie(10/07/10)
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah sajo Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:47 am

Rik has told me he doesnt want me thinking about it the whole time we are away and even being on my mind on the wedding day. I am actually thinking of going back to college in September and doing something totally different. We have talked about me holding on here till end of April which I will try to do, I am going to look for something else in the meantime. Thanks again girls, sorry for being so glum x
Sarah sajo
Sarah sajo
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  zepsgal (admin) Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:50 am

If you know you are leaving you will feel so much better at work! I would find out how much notice you need to hand in, and get looking for a college course!!

What you wanting to study? x
zepsgal (admin)
zepsgal (admin)
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah sajo Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:01 am

Well like I say I do Home information packs so originally I was going to try and do them myself from home but there is a chance they might be scrapped in the summer anyway, I might still give that a go if a can. So my idea was to go to college to do childcare as when i have a good think about it its something I would really like to do x
Sarah sajo
Sarah sajo
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  Sinky 11/11/11 Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:12 pm

I think that you should try to get a plan before leaving. If you can find something else or decide on a course.

I am freelance and hate it, I really want stability but don't really want a full time job in the work that I do now as I'm not passionate about it. So, I decided to go back to uni and am starting Child Nursing in September. I am now really excited about it and feel so much better having made the decision.

There is no point being miserable in a job, we work to live and not the other way around.

xoxoxoxo
Sinky 11/11/11
Sinky 11/11/11
Paper Bride
Paper Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  kr15 Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:55 pm

I ended up leaving a job because I was the only one in the company who could do the job. So when I had a week off for a holiday nothing was done and when I came back I had major complaints from customers and my boss went nuts at me (I updated a website so while I was away no stock got took off that went out of stock). I tried and tried to train others to do my job so I could take time off but no one was interested in learning.

In the end I took a single day off and boss decided that morning that the wanted to have a major sale. Rang me and told me to update the site from home (about 4 hours work). I told her I wasn't at home so couldn't, plus it was my day off! She said she'd talk to me when I returned. So on the monday she went nuts on me.

My notice went in not long after Smile
kr15
kr15
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah sajo Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:14 am

kr15 wrote:I ended up leaving a job because I was the only one in the company who could do the job. So when I had a week off for a holiday nothing was done and when I came back I had major complaints from customers and my boss went nuts at me (I updated a website so while I was away no stock got took off that went out of stock). I tried and tried to train others to do my job so I could take time off but no one was interested in learning.

In the end I took a single day off and boss decided that morning that the wanted to have a major sale. Rang me and told me to update the site from home (about 4 hours work). I told her I wasn't at home so couldn't, plus it was my day off! She said she'd talk to me when I returned. So on the monday she went nuts on me.

My notice went in not long after Smile

Good for you! sounds very similar to may place, you definately did the right thing, now I just need to take my own advice haha x
Sarah sajo
Sarah sajo
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsM2B (SmileyBride) Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:11 am

Honey, I definitely feel for you!

My old boss was a nightmare, expected me to do everything and never take a day off - It ended up making me feel so run down I called in sick and spent the day in bed crying; went in the next day, told he it was making me ill (I'd had 4 brain surgery ops that year and the doc had told me to take it easy!) and she started waffling about how she had a major operation the next week (cosmetic surgery for varicose veins, under local anaesthetic!) and how could I let her down so badly - she then stormed out of the office saying she couldn't bear to look at me.

I walked out then and there and never went back! Never felt better!!

If H2B says he's fine with it, then hand your notice in at the end of March (it'll give you a countdown so you'll stop worrying so much, I promise) - you'll find something else (or college sounds a great idea)

And remember to take all the holiday that you're owed, ideally in your months notice Wink as I guess the chance of them paying you for any you don't take (as they would be required to) may be slim!!

Good luck and don't worry, you sound like you've got a great man (and think about it the other way round, you'd hate it if he was this unhappy, it must be killing him to see you so upset all the time) and you're lucky enough to be able to quit without too much panic - you'll feel so much better when you do!

xx

MrsM2B (SmileyBride)
Tin Bride
Tin Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down