wonderful weddings!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just need to left off steam!

3 posters

Go down

Just need to left off steam! Empty Just need to left off steam!

Post  alison27_11 Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:45 am

I just need to rant ladies......

My SIL2B is a bridesmaid at my wedding in November. She's only been asked because she's H2B's sister.
1. She took over the planning of the hen do because she had more time on her hands than my other 2 (who have since taken over all responsibilty of the do). She insisted on getting it sorted, and then asked me to pay the deposit because she didn't have the funds (cheeky c*w).
2. H2B and i orginally wanted a black, white and silver colour scheme, but have since changed the silver for pink. You would have thought i had asked her to wear dog poo with the reaction i got! She called me at work after the other 2 bridesmaids had said the dress was beautiful and said she couldn't possibly wear it, as pink didn't suit her. But then silver didn't suit, neither did black (she didn't want to look like she was at a funeral), nor green, etc, etc. She wants me to have purple as their dress colour, but i hate purple! I could actually hear her stamping her feet down the phone as she was saying 'i think you should have purple'! WTF
3. MIL2B wants me to have an 'older persons' hen do. Fine with me. So i look into afternoon tea in London (I live in Kent, but most people will be coming from Essex). It works out at £22.00 per head for sandwiches, cakes, teas and champagne. I email the 3 bridesmaids the link and guess who calls?!?! I dont think its a good idea because we're going for tea for MIL2B's 50th birthday. My hen do is 5 months after her birthday celebrations!!!! And then she questioned where we would be going for 'that sort of money' as she couldn't find anywhere cheaper than £40 per head.
ARGH.
So anyway, I'm off shopping for the bridesmaid dresses on 20th March with all 3 of them. I'm not really a confrontational kind of person, but i'm quite looking forward to her having a tantrum in the middle of Coast, then i will have a full excuse of telling her where to go!

I used to read other peoples rants on Confetti about their bridesmaids and have a little chuckle, thinking mine would NEVER be like that. How wrong i was.

Phew

No replies needed.
alison27_11
alison27_11
Tin Bride
Tin Bride

Back to top Go down

Just need to left off steam! Empty Re: Just need to left off steam!

Post  zepsgal (admin) Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:00 am

Did you really not know that having bridesmaids and any other family or friend at your wedding was a horrible experience??! Laughing As soon as you mention the W word to another female they all go a bit crazy!

I would never tell you to un-ask her, I think her offences need to be major to do that, but talk to h2b and get him to have a word with her! Its horrible when the bridesmaids arent helping. Ive gotten to the point where Im not telling any of my 4 what Im buying/planning etc. Im sick of having so many opinions forced upon me.

Sorry, Im digressing a bit!

Bridesmaids are stressful, there is no two ways about it. Sorry, got no advise other than tell h2b to tell her off! Let him do the dirty work! Smile
zepsgal (admin)
zepsgal (admin)
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  alison27_11 Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:05 am

I know!! I thought i would become a bridezilla at some point, but i think in this wedding there is currenlty a bridesmaidzilla and a MIL2Bzilla!!!!

I'm keeping my options open as to whether i will actually end up with 3 or just 2 bridesmaids.......

H2B just reminds me how selfish she is, and that i should just ignore her!!!!

With regard to not telling people what's happening, H2B and i chose their dresses together, and haven't told any of them what they are wearing. We're shopping all day on 20th trying on various ones, and then provided they all look ok we're getting the one we want without telling any of them. Thing is i feel bad for the 2 bridesmaid who aren't party to this childish behaviour!!!!

This is the dress she couldn't possibly wear:

http://www.monsoon.co.uk/invt/65221477&bklist=icat,5,shop,women,dresses,bridesmaiddresses#

and this is the dress she will be wearing (I mean, i would clearly wear this to a funeral!)

http://www.coast-stores.com/ALLURE-MAXI-DRESS/Bridesmaids/coast/fcp-product/2224675180

Hmmm, big glass of wine for me when i get home i think!
alison27_11
alison27_11
Tin Bride
Tin Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  missusS Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:33 am

they are both gorgeous dresses, I love the monsoon one. You deserve your glass of wine tonight-enjoy
missusS
missusS
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down