wonderful weddings!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's a biggy!!!

+3
zepsgal (admin)
Sarah sajo
MrsD25022010
7 posters

Go down

It's a biggy!!! Empty It's a biggy!!!

Post  MrsD25022010 Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:19 pm

Ok – two weeks ago today I was getting married – can’t believe where the time has gone!! It was easily the best day of our lives – gutted we can’t do it again!

Tuesday was my last day at work before I was off for a week (longest break from work for 2 years) so was mega busy getting all loose ends tied up before I went. A colleague popped up to see me and said that my boss wanted a chat with me – I ended up going to the boardroom to be greeted with all my colleagues and a tray of champagne each! My boss did a cute little speech about me running off to get married and presented me with their card and gift – for me, having champagne at work started the whole wedding off in style!!

That evening me & H2B generally checked we had everything sorted out (i.e. table plans etc), had our final single bath together and chilled with a bottle of wine, before heading off to bed.

Wednesday – as we’re mega organised, we didn’t have too much to do in the morning. I sorted the sleeping arrangements out for my mum, dad and sister who were arriving later that day, tidied up and lounged around for a bit. At around midday, we packed up the car with the decorations etc for the reception and headed off to collect the best man. When we got to the venue, there was no-one there to do with the wedding side of things and the place was an absolute tip!! The tables were laid out where they were meant to be, but that was all that had been done. The floor needed a huge hoover, there were spare roofing tiles out on the balcony and wires from the fairy lights lying around all over the place. As I am mega organised, I started to panic, and it was all H2B and BM could do to stop me throwing a complete benny. We spoke to the golf club manager, who said the wedding planner lady would be there in a couple of hours, so we could go back later on. We left all of our stuff in a room and headed off to collect my dress. Luckily, this went to plan and I was starting to calm down on the way back to the venue. The wedding planner was there, and said everything was under control, but she was so blasé about it, I wasn’t convinced. Not being able to do much more about it, we headed home.

When we got home, later than was planned due to having to go back to the venue, H2B packed his bags and managed to spend about half an hour chatting to my mum, dad and sister before the nail lady turned up and we parted. That was so hard, waving goodbye to him. We’d been through all of the planning together, and knowing that the next time I’d see him would be at the altar was really emotional – I did a few tears and then pulled myself together, had my nails done and watched the giant slalom on the Winter Olympics! Once all nails were done, mum had decided which of the 2 outfits she’d brought to wear (nothing like leaving it late!) I headed out to get us all a Chinese takeaway, I washed my hair and then we settled in with a bottle of champagne. At about half 10, we all headed to bed.

Could I sleep? I must have got about 2 hours in total. I kept worrying about the venue being such a mess, thinking we should have spent more money on it and chosen somewhere better, worrying that my dad wouldn’t be able to find the florist, would get lost and be late back to get dressed (he’s not from round these parts!) and about my sister’s last comment to me before she went to bed: “I’m going to take my hair straighteners to the register office so I can do my hair before the photos” OMG – no wonder I got no sleep!!

Eventually it was 7am and a decent time to get out of bed. I sorted out Danish pastries and tea for everyone and then got into the bath. It was weird lying there thinking “today is my wedding day”. It felt strangely unreal. H2B had texted me to say thanks for his FYEO photo I’d got him, so it was great to know he loved his present! The hair and make-up lady arrived at 9am and got to work on mum. I gave dad a list of directions on how to get to the florist and set him on his way. My sister gave me my present from H2B, a necklace to wear on the day, and his card to me. Cue the tears with the beautiful words he’d written in it – he’s not normally very good at showing his feelings, and it was so lovely to see! After that, I started to twiddle my thumbs with nothing to do! I flitted around, packed my overnight bag, flitted around some more and finally it was time to get me ready. Dad called halfway through to say he had got the flowers and was round at MIL2B’s house having a cuppa!! This calmed me down a bit.

I was then done, hair and make-up looked fab and I was very happy. Dad brought the flowers back and set about making cheese butties for everyone. By now it was about 11:30 and I was getting agitated about getting dressed – the car was coming for me at 1pm so there should have been loads of time. The photographer arrived and did some detail shots, and then it was midday and time to get dressed. Make-up lady and sister had to help me get in my stockings (I couldn’t sort the suspender belt out for the life of me!) which was most un elegant on my wedding day, and then the dress went on. All in, then I tried to walk and it was too long! I kept tripping over the hem as it hadn’t been yanked up high enough under my arms! There wasn’t time to undo it and start again, so cue lots of yanking around, make-up lady up under my skirts to try to sort out my dress hoop to give the hem more lift and me starting to panic again – there is a theme here!!

Before I knew it, it was 5 mins before BM and H2B would arrive to collect mum and sister and so we had to have the pre-wedding family photos. It was so amazing walking down the stairs to see my dad all dressed up in his suit looking lovely, and him looking all gushy at me – I just burst out laughing!! This made for a great photo! This calmed me back down again and we got the photos done. BM came in to collect sister and mum and he looked superb. It was so weird though knowing H2B was sat out in the car park, but there wasn’t long to go!

They left, more photos and then it was time to get into the wedding car. It was so lovely – we had ummed and ahhhed about paying for a car, but it was so worth it! Dad loved the whiskey he had out of the mini bar and I really needed my vodka and tonic! The car journey to the wedding was brill – Dad told me he missed me now I’d moved away from home and that he was really proud of me. It was a really nice part of the day.

When we got to the register office, my sister told me none of my side of the family had arrived yet and it was just H2B’s family and my mum sat inside! Just then, my family arrived and I could hear my cousin saying “oooh, can I talk to Debbie?” I flipped and told my sister to “just f***ing get them inside” I was getting nervous as it was and I was annoyed that they were late.

Time for my little interview where I checked my appearance in the mirror, and had to ask for a glass of water as my mouth had gone all dry with nerves. The music started, my sister went into the room, and then the register said “whenever you’re ready”. Before we started to walk, I said to dad “whatever you do, don’t stand on my train”. You know what’s coming next. Yup – cue another perfect photo moment!!

I don’t remember seeing anyone in the room except for H2B standing at the end waiting for me. He looked gorgeous and was absolutely beaming at me! The registrar started talking but I honestly don’t remember a word she said. I was just thinking “I’m getting married RIGHT NOW” and “I have to say something in a minute”!! We both got through our vows without any problems, which is amazing as I am the shyest person and hate speaking in front of people, but we did it. The registrar announced us as husband and wife and then H2B went in for the kiss before she’d even said too!! He he! We signed the register, then posed for photos for our guests etc. Then it was time for our exit, to Greatest Day by Take That. As we turned the corner to go outside, 4 of H2B’s colleagues (he works for the police) had turned up to do us a guard of honour which was a complete surprise for our guests – it was fab!!

Just as we got outside to start the formal photos, the rain started. My dress got filthy and my hair got wet and some of the curls dropped out, but I didn’t care – I was married and I was having my wedding photos done! I didn’t even use the faux fur shrug I’d brought as I didn’t feel the cold!

Everyone except me and H2B left for the reception (me praying that it was improved on how it was the day previous) and we had more photos. All H2B could say was that he was gutted that my beautiful dress had been ruined – he loved it!!

When we got to the reception, it was perfect. Everything was brilliant and I just beamed. Our BM had done a grand job at making the fiddly bits just how we wanted them and it was better than I could have imagined.

The guests were then called up to dinner and we made our entrance as Mr and Mrs – what a great moment!! How proud was I! Time for the speeches and my dad made me blub by saying I was always daddy’s little girl – he’s not a man of emotion and I was so touched. H2B’s speech was wonderful – he was witty and so lovely about me and him – again, I blubbed into my wine. I’ll remember his words forever. BM was very nervous about his speech but he did us proud.

Food was served and there was loads of it!! There were large time gaps between the courses, but everyone used the time to mingle and it made it really relaxed. Everyone had a great time.

The rest of the night is a blur really – not through alcohol, but I was whisked this way and that to meet and greet, dance etc – everyone wanted a piece of the bride! My sister got absolutely hammered and cried a lot, even on people she hadn’t met before, mainly because she was single. It is a shame as that’s what people have mentioned most after the day. Best part of the evening reception was the time out me & husband took – 10 mins away from the party in the quiet to catch up and say “I love you”. My favourite part of the night.

Everyone had a fab party – my mum was even on the jagerbombs into the evening!!

It came the time to leave, and we collected our overnight bags and our wedding post box (mainly because no-one else seemed sober enough to be trusted with it!!) and got into our taxi to our first night hotel. We booked just a normal room off booking.com which was relatively cheap, so when we got there to be told we had the bridal suite, we were amazed and then worried about the cost!! But, we were too tired to do anything about it, and sat down together with a cup of tea and opened some cards. We had so many – we soon got bored and spent a few hours, getting me out of the dress (confetti everywhere!!!), talking about the day and then we did it!!! It was amazing. We drifted off to sleep, then a few hours later did it again. Perfect!

The next morning we had a lovely breakfast as Mr and Mrs Saunders then spent an hour or two in the spa. It was bliss. The best thing, we weren’t charged a penny extra – no idea how we wrangled that one – but it made the day perfect.

If you have got this far, you have the patience of a saint! I can write for Britain!

Big thanks go to:

Natasha Wiggins who did my nails, hair and make-up and kept me calm on the day
Blessing Photography – amazing photos, which were online the very next day!
Sweetie Pie Boutique Bakery – brilliant bespoke cake design

xDx
MrsD25022010
MrsD25022010
Paper Bride
Paper Bride

Back to top Go down

It's a biggy!!! Empty Re: It's a biggy!!!

Post  Sarah sajo Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:49 am

Aw sounds like you had a brilliant day, congratulations xx
Sarah sajo
Sarah sajo
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  zepsgal (admin) Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:14 am

AMAZING DAY!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I love reading long reports, always leaves me with a tear in my eye. Sounds like a totally fantastic day, Im smiling for you mrs! Very Happy
zepsgal (admin)
zepsgal (admin)
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie(10/07/10) Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:07 am

Awww, that's a loevly report. I love reading reports, but it makes me even more impatient for my own day to come round!

Congratulations. x
Charlie(10/07/10)
Charlie(10/07/10)
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  nikkiduck 17/07/10 Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:29 pm

beautiful Report hun
congratulations
xxxxxxxxxxxx
nikkiduck 17/07/10
nikkiduck 17/07/10
Paper Bride
Paper Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  Claire-Joannah-Rhymes2b Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:38 am

Many congratulations - Sounds like you had the most fantastic day xxx
Claire-Joannah-Rhymes2b
Claire-Joannah-Rhymes2b
Administrator
Administrator

https://love-weddings.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Missty Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:59 am

Sounds like you had a fabulous day, hun. Congratulations. Smile

xx
Mrs Missty
Mrs Missty
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum