wonderful weddings!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Underwear.

+5
missusS
nikkiduck 17/07/10
Charlie(10/07/10)
married29
Mrs Burnett 2B
9 posters

Go down

Underwear. Empty Underwear.

Post  Mrs Burnett 2B Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:47 pm

I was talking to my dress shop today and mentioned underwear. They suggested I wait until my fittings before thinking about it as I may not need any depending on how the dress fits. Is it normal to not wear anything under the dress? Obviously I'll be wearing pants Smile
Mrs Burnett 2B
Mrs Burnett 2B
Paper Bride
Paper Bride

Back to top Go down

Underwear. Empty Re: Underwear.

Post  married29 Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:09 pm

im wearing a bra knickers suspender belt and stockings x

married29
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie(10/07/10) Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:44 am

My shops wants to sew in material chicken fillets to the dress, just to give me some shape. I don't like the idea of it, so I'm goin to buy a nice padded strapless bra. I don't like the idea of going without a bra. I've heard awful stories of ladies dresses falling down when they're dancing, or someone stepping on their train and the dress coming down. And they weren't wearing a bra. Very embarrassing Embarassed . I personally don't feel comfortable not wearing a bra, but it's up to the individual. If you are happy going without a bra and your dress looks okay like this, do it. But if you're like me and need the feeling of support, get a bra. x
Charlie(10/07/10)
Charlie(10/07/10)
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  nikkiduck 17/07/10 Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:21 am

my dress has a bra fitted into it so im just going to get some nice undies i think, not sure yet though as i really hate not havin a bra on and will wait and see if im happy with my boobs in the dress i think xx
nikkiduck 17/07/10
nikkiduck 17/07/10
Paper Bride
Paper Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Burnett 2B Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:24 am

I'm a D cup so the thought of not wearing a bra seems so wrong. There also doesn't seem to be much of a choice in strapless bras when you are a 42 Sad
Mrs Burnett 2B
Mrs Burnett 2B
Paper Bride
Paper Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  missusS Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:01 am

Why don't you see how you feel in your dress before making a decision, I got a low back strapless basque thingy in debenhams, they do a fairly good range of sizes (I'm 32FF) do bravissimo not do some strapless ones, or brastop.com? They are the the 3 places I usually get bras from
missusS
missusS
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie(10/07/10) Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:59 am

If not wearing a bra seems wrong, then wear a bra. I am only a C cup, just, and I still feel naked if I don't wear a bra. That's why I'm going to get one, even though my dress shop said they can make my dress support me. It just feels wrong to me to not wear a bra. It's up to you, but if not wearing a bra feels wrong, I would get one if I were you, and wear it to every fitting.

I can't really reccommend somewhere as for sizing, the biggest I've been is a 36, but if you could go into your local Debenhams or BHS, explain it's for your Wedding, they will measure you and find appropriate bra's for you to try on. If you need it to be strapless, tell them. Why should you do all the work? xxx
Charlie(10/07/10)
Charlie(10/07/10)
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  zepsgal (admin) Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:53 pm

I would love to not war a bra for one day and feel secured into my dress! Im a 30F, so I need to wear a bra all the time Sad

I would get yourself a lovely strapless or multiway bra just now. You might not need it if your feel secure enough in your dress, but at least if you buy it just now you will have it if you need it

x x
zepsgal (admin)
zepsgal (admin)
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsAJM2B Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:43 am

I don't think I'm wearing a bra with mine - the corsetry should keep me in. Gonna get something for the evening though I think
MrsAJM2B
MrsAJM2B
Paper Bride
Paper Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah sajo Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:44 pm

I am a G cup and when I was bm for my friend the other year I didnt wear a bra with my dress, I had one ready cause the dress was strapless, I took it to my final fitting and the alterations lady asked how I would feel about not wearing a bra cause she didnt think it looked right, I tried it and it was fine, so give it a try with both options maybe and see what feels right x
Sarah sajo
Sarah sajo
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Burnett 2B Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:46 am

Thanks for the advice, I never wear underwired bras as they don't seem to fit me right so I think I'll buy one and practice wearing it to see if I can get used to it.
Mrs Burnett 2B
Mrs Burnett 2B
Paper Bride
Paper Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsM2B (SmileyBride) Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:38 pm

Mrs Burnett 2B wrote: Obviously I'll be wearing pants Smile

Why "obviously" ? lol!

MrsM2B (SmileyBride)
Tin Bride
Tin Bride