wonderful weddings!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bloody registry office, not amused!

2 posters

Go down

Bloody registry office, not amused! Empty Bloody registry office, not amused!

Post  zepsgal (admin) Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:13 am

So I phoned them this morning to cancel the booking (we have booked a Humanist for the ceremony so dont need the registrar). I asked when I need to take my M10 forms to them at the reg office, she says 3rd June is the earliest we can hand it in. Thats fine, Im happy.

Then she says we need to bring our passports. I said we dont have passports, so she says bring your mothers birth certificates. Which I dont have, cos my mum was born in Germany and she died when I was three, so Ive no idea where her birth certificate is!! Apparently, because Im born after the 1st of January 1983, I need to PROVE that Im British Shocked

WTF? So Ive phoned my dad to find her birth certificate. Bloody annoying this!
zepsgal (admin)
zepsgal (admin)
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Bloody registry office, not amused! Empty Re: Bloody registry office, not amused!

Post  zepsgal (admin) Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:16 am

Lol, the woman from the reg office just phoned my back, she has traced back and found my mums birth certificate online cos she was born in a British military hospital in Hamburg! She said I dont need to bring a copy with me, they will look at it online!

Thank feck for that!! Laughing Laughing
zepsgal (admin)
zepsgal (admin)
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Bloody registry office, not amused! Empty Re: Bloody registry office, not amused!

Post  Sarah sajo Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:42 am

I was going to say, surely they have all the records there??! stupid registery woman x
Sarah sajo
Sarah sajo
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  zepsgal (admin) Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:47 am

Lol, I know!!

She said because it was a foreign birth she wouldnt have it on record, but because it was a British military hospital, its still British so she can access the records. Thank god cos my dad just called me back in a bit of a panic saying he really didnt know where her birth certificate was, poor dad!

Very Happy
zepsgal (admin)
zepsgal (admin)
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down