wonderful weddings!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally got an answer from Thomsons, yay

2 posters

Go down

Finally got an answer from Thomsons, yay Empty Finally got an answer from Thomsons, yay

Post  missusS Fri May 14, 2010 12:46 pm

I don't think I have said much about the hassle we had booking the wedding with Thomsons on here, most of grumping was done on fetti at the time, but they were crap, it took ages for the paperwork to come through, I had to chase it up for months, they say that a wedding has to be booked at least 12 weeks in advance, but didn't send the forms to book it until less than that despite me phoning and going in to the shop almost every day, they wouldn't confirm that the wedding was booked until the last minute, and again I was in and out of the shop every couple of days for that. The rep gave us conflicting information about the date of the wedding when we arrived in Cyprus, and she was really rude on the day of the wedding, we were getting pics done before the ceremony and she came and told us "I told you to stay in your room until I got here, I don't have time to be chasing you around this morning" when we had told her we would be in the hotel grounds with the photographer, and it was a tiny hotel. Then the registrar was late so after the ceremony she told us we didn't have time for photos at the Town Hall because the car was needed for another wedding, she was also really nasty to my mum who had made a comment about the confetti being biodegradale and would was away in the next rain-she went off on a rant about the weather and gave my mum a lecture on wishing bad weather on Cyprus while bad weather was causing chaos at home-it was December when the snow was bad and airports were closed. I know it all sounds really petty but I was pissed off and emailed them when we came home, I got an automated email saying it would take up to 28 days to respond, nothing happened so I emailed again and got same response, nothing happened so I wrote and got automaic letter-28 days blah blah, surprise surprise-nothing happened, I phoned a couple of weeks ago and was told they were dealing with it, phoned last night and was told they had answered. The mail came today and I got a long letter which had their responses to all the issues I had raised and a £200 holiday voucher-result at last. If they had answered properly and apologised the first time that would have been fine, but the more they ignored me the more pissed of I got!
I'm really pleased and thought I'd share-sorry it turned into such an essay!
missusS
missusS
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Finally got an answer from Thomsons, yay Empty Re: Finally got an answer from Thomsons, yay

Post  Irish_Bride_2_b Sat May 15, 2010 4:07 am

Sounds like a horrible experience. Glad you finally got something out of them! I hate it when companies like this fob you off, hoping you will go away, so big up to you for sticking with it!!
xx
Irish_Bride_2_b
Irish_Bride_2_b
Tin Bride
Tin Bride

Back to top Go down