wonderful weddings!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Urgent ebay problem....anyone know how to help?

+2
zepsgal (admin)
Claire-Joannah-Rhymes2b
6 posters

Go down

Urgent ebay problem....anyone know how to help? Empty Urgent ebay problem....anyone know how to help?

Post  Claire-Joannah-Rhymes2b Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:49 am

Hi girls
Got abit of a problem with ebay...well its not such a problem but...
Well iam more of a buyer than a seller on there but i decided to put 2 items on that 1 item, id say was worth over £50 so i put it on auction aswell as a buy it now for £50 - anyway there were bids on that more expensive item and while i was at work it sold for a measly £28.00! GUTTED.
Anyway i tried to get rid of my account and just take the items off as i was really dissapointed how much it sold for. The postage is 2nd class ( its a huge bundle of clothes) so i msgd the buyer saying id send on monday
Now i have 2 probs - i have no cash to post the item as im abs skint untill payday ( 2 weeks away) and cant ask h2b for money as he dosent know im selling them as he hates ebay plus and what the hell do i post a bag on clothes in? Would a black bag with the name and address be ok?
HELP
IAM SO CRAP AT SELLING! and i dont want a bad rating if they have to wait longer for there items
xxxx
Claire-Joannah-Rhymes2b
Claire-Joannah-Rhymes2b
Administrator
Administrator

https://love-weddings.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Urgent ebay problem....anyone know how to help? Empty Re: Urgent ebay problem....anyone know how to help?

Post  zepsgal (admin) Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:58 am

The buyer should pay you before you send the items, so can you use that money to pay the postage? Im not sure the post office will let you send a black bag with the items in, but try your local poundshop for a big padded envelope, Ive seen them in Poundland before.

Good luck mrs, this is the reason I dont sell anything, cant be bothered with the hassle! Laughing
zepsgal (admin)
zepsgal (admin)
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Urgent ebay problem....anyone know how to help? Empty Re: Urgent ebay problem....anyone know how to help?

Post  Claire-Joannah-Rhymes2b Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:02 am

Thanks babe
The money has been processed thru my paypal account and ive just transfered it into my bank account it takes 2-3 working days but im already 50 overdrawn so it will just swallow it up wen it gets to my account anyway!
Aw them paded envelopes are good but i have over 60 items so i dont think it will fit...the only thing i can ting i can think of is getting a big box from work but still dosent solve the money for sending issue!
GGRRR why do i do it to myself! x
Claire-Joannah-Rhymes2b
Claire-Joannah-Rhymes2b
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  zepsgal (admin) Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:07 am

Sorry mrs.... Im all out of ideas!

Can you get it couriered through your work, and get it taken out of your wages? Dont know if you can do that in your work though...
zepsgal (admin)
zepsgal (admin)
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Claire-Joannah-Rhymes2b Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:33 am

Dont think my works woulddo that!
Ahhhh not good! x
Claire-Joannah-Rhymes2b
Claire-Joannah-Rhymes2b
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Irish_Bride_2_b Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:14 am

You could always message the buyer saying that due to unforseen circumstances, you wont be able to post the items for a couple of weeks, and then saying that you will do so first class if they are prepared to wait? If they wont wait, then you might have to refund their money?

Can you ask another family member to help you out? Would H2b go mad if you asked him for the postage - if you said it was moeny to buy stuff for the wedding i am sure he wouldnt mind?
As for the packing, - can you get a box from work and use that?

xx
Irish_Bride_2_b
Irish_Bride_2_b
Tin Bride
Tin Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  KellyC2B Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:50 pm

I have posted stuff in black bags before, but they weren't quite as big - a few teddies - wrapped in carrier bags for strength and then in a blag bag to make it look neater. I then taped the address onto the front.

I would contact the buyer now, I would be a bit peeved if I bought and paid for something which I was then told would take 2 weeks to be posted - you may need to be prepared to refund and relist - this time with a reserve on the auction!

xx
KellyC2B
KellyC2B
Tin Bride
Tin Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  kr15 Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:44 am

You'd need to send in rubble style sacks, as a normal black bag will rip very very easily!
kr15
kr15
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  LouiseYxxx Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:29 pm

Did you check the weight of the items before saying you would post 2nd class? Their is a weight restriction on 2nd class postage. You can view the size and weight restriction here: http://www.postoffice.co.uk/portal/po/content1?catId=19100216&mediaId=19100219#10000122

I don't think a black bag would do as someone else said it would rip easliy. You can by postage online via pay pal but that doesn't help if you've already transferred the money to your bank account Sad How much is it you need? Maybe we could all help until you get paid? x
LouiseYxxx
LouiseYxxx
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  KellyC2B Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:32 pm

I meant to add that my black bags were quite thick and several layers!
KellyC2B
KellyC2B
Tin Bride
Tin Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down