wonderful weddings!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

need dress advice please

5 posters

Go down

need dress advice please Empty need dress advice please

Post  MrsM2B (SmileyBride) Wed May 26, 2010 12:03 pm

Right, I'm going to see if I can summarise this without waffling!

I had a budget of £700 for my dress initially then I went to try some on and fell completely in love with a Paloma Blanca dress (style 4005) - only trouble is it's £1220 although the shop said they'd include a matching bolero in that price (£105)

The sample they had in the shop fit perfectly so the other day I wrote to them asking if I could buy that at a discount instead - they've written back and said yes, it would be £900 but they'd need to know very soon as apparently another shop wants it.

Now, realistically, it's going to need dry cleaning (£70 apparently) but I could save £250 by getting this one (and then finding a bolero cheaper somewhere else) but I'd have to decide quickly by the sounds of it... I really wanted my Mum to see it first and she's in Japan until 8th June...

To be honest, the whole wedding is so expensive that I probably won't notice £250 at the end of the day, but I also wouldn't throw it away if I was sitting here holding it, hope that makes sense!

Can I get opinions please ladies?

MrsM2B (SmileyBride)
Tin Bride
Tin Bride

Back to top Go down

need dress advice please Empty Re: need dress advice please

Post  Irish_Bride_2_b Wed May 26, 2010 2:39 pm

I think if you totally love the dress then you have to go for it and get it!! If you love it, and it fits, then its obviously meant to be!!

I am sure you could find a bolero elsewhere (maybe on ebay/gumtree - or even a hire shop??). Can you think of a way to shave a bit of money off from somewhere else so that you dont go to over budget?

xx
Irish_Bride_2_b
Irish_Bride_2_b
Tin Bride
Tin Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah sajo Wed May 26, 2010 2:57 pm

You know when you have found the one and it sounds like you have, so go and get it! x
Sarah sajo
Sarah sajo
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  zepsgal (admin) Wed May 26, 2010 3:47 pm

I would buy it!!

Its still less money than you would be spending on the dress, think of it as a massive bargain!!

And have you asked the shop if they will clean it for you? I got mine ex sample as I said to you, and the shop has said they will clean it all up and fix the few wee bits that are broken/marked on the dress, so it will be like brand new when I get it! Very Happy
zepsgal (admin)
zepsgal (admin)
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  alison27_11 Thu May 27, 2010 6:22 am

I would go along with the other girls, and but the sample from the shop. I would ask politely ask if they could clean it for you! Very Happy

I tried on an ostrich feather shrug with my dress (£650) and fell in love with it. I have since bought an almost identical one for £80 including P & P. It is sooo pretty!
alison27_11
alison27_11
Tin Bride
Tin Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down