wonderful weddings!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gutted and relieved at the same time....can i have your adivce girls?

+4
kr15
zepsgal (admin)
alison27_11
Claire-Joannah-Rhymes2b
8 posters

Go down

Gutted and relieved at the same time....can i have your adivce girls? Empty Gutted and relieved at the same time....can i have your adivce girls?

Post  Claire-Joannah-Rhymes2b Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:19 am

Hey girls
Hope your all good
Well i need to get this out and need your words of advice, encouragment, etc!
As you all prob know by now our wedding was supposed to be the 22nd of December of this year - we have been plagued with financial difficulties trying to pay for it.
I finally thought i had sorted it and had been accepted for a loan to pay for it....but this morning i have been told by another loan company that the ones i applied for are a scam and i will never see my money, they take a fee and run! Great!
I had a feeling it was all a big scam as still havnt heard from then 3 weeks on....
Anyway, so....i feel i have no option to postpone it untill next year, iam thinking summer time July/august 2011 - by this time we could pay for it ourselves and i know it would really take the pressure off us and give me such sense of relief even thou i will feel gutted at the same time if that makes sense?
H2B also agrees this is what we should do.
I havent phoned the venue yet, iam dredding them turning around and saying they cant postpone it till the summer after etc!
(althou we have paid the deposit)
Anyway i will be ringing them now and will let you all know what they say ....plus theres so much ringing around now i have to do - tog/dress lady/cake lady/ entertainment ggrr
I could cry
Relieved at the same time thou
Wouls love to hear from anyone who has done this before?
Thanks girls...i know its for the best but it still feels weired postponinng it - on the bright side its only gonna be postponed 7 months or so - more money and time to plan! x
Claire-Joannah-Rhymes2b
Claire-Joannah-Rhymes2b
Administrator
Administrator

https://love-weddings.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Gutted and relieved at the same time....can i have your adivce girls? Empty Re: Gutted and relieved at the same time....can i have your adivce girls?

Post  Claire-Joannah-Rhymes2b Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:06 am

Its been rebooked for the 21st of July 2011
Claire-Joannah-Rhymes2b
Claire-Joannah-Rhymes2b
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Gutted and relieved at the same time....can i have your adivce girls? Empty Re: Gutted and relieved at the same time....can i have your adivce girls?

Post  alison27_11 Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:15 am

Yay, i have to say after reading your first post i think its the best decision. Now you can relax about finances. Plus you wont be paying for your wedding for the next 5 years! now you can save and pay for things as you go, get loads of great bargains in the sale and spend time with your H2B not worrying about money.

I'm really pleased that you have managed to change it all. How do you feel about it?

Plus your guaranteed the weather a bit more in july!!!!! If it's raining it wont be 3 degrees outside like it would have been in December!!!!! Very Happy
alison27_11
alison27_11
Tin Bride
Tin Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  zepsgal (admin) Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:41 am

Im really proud of you for doing that mrs!

Ive not had to postpone, but you know we have had to change venues for the ceremony. I was a bit embarassed having to phone and say 'We are changing venues' but I knew it was for the best. And you know it too, there is just no way you could should be getting a loan to pay for things when you can change the date.

So were the venue happy to move it to another date? With no extra costs, no loss of deposit?

x x
zepsgal (admin)
zepsgal (admin)
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Claire-Joannah-Rhymes2b Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:51 am

Ah thankyou girls
Its been a tough decision but its one that had to be done, as you said Zeps!
Sorry sent that bit by mistake confused
As i was saying....i have been made to feel better by my parents understanding ( and relief) at it all
Plus my boss has been great about it as ive had to swap all my annual leave around - but most of all i feel this huge sense of relief and a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. And your right Alison least it will be warmer....i think also, like my mum said, more people will be able to come now as its not just before crimbo - i think this is the best desicion not just for me, but everyone involved!
Thanks for your support ladies - you always make me feel better!
I know what you mean about the embaressment bit thou Zeps - i know for a fact there will be certain people sniggering 'see, told you they wouldnt marry this year' but they are usually the ones who have a crap relationship and cant get married themselves!
We didnt lose any money onit as its the same hire cost, it just gets transferred over to July ( much to my dads delight, as he paid for it!)
I think the only one whos a little secrelty gutted s one of my best mates and BM's as she is getting married on the 5 th august she was originally getting married in the Sept but after i text her today to tell her the latest she told me hers was Aug 11 - she went very quiet after i told her - so iam now wondering if she is a bit peeved mine is before hers....i know its not a race and we will both have lovely days but i just think she is abit pissed off!
Never mind - im just sooo glad its sorted, more time/money to do it right!
xxx
Claire-Joannah-Rhymes2b
Claire-Joannah-Rhymes2b
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  kr15 Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:54 am

I did this remember Hun and it's the best decision we ever made Smile

Although I'm slightly disappointed were not date twins anymore I'm so please your doing what is right for you Very Happy
kr15
kr15
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Irish_Bride_2_b Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:20 am

Glad that you made a decision and i also think its the right one! Weddings are stressful enough as it is, without having the increased pressure of trying to organise finances! At least this way, you can enjoy the planning and preparation a little more!

We get married in Aug 2011, and we have spaced things out evenly so we wont need to borrow as much as we originally thought!!

Well done for making a hard decision! Anyone that thinks negatively about it, or sniggers behind your back isnt worth the bother and can go sit on it!!

xx
Irish_Bride_2_b
Irish_Bride_2_b
Tin Bride
Tin Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  married29 Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:29 am

all good my friend x

married29
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  missusS Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:49 pm

well done on making a very difficult decision, the last thing you would need in the run up would be really stressing about money, who cares what people might say-you have made the decision that is right for you, and changing the date is really brave of you Wink
missusS
missusS
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Missty Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:42 am

Glad you've got everything sorted, hun. Sounds like it was a wise decision, and as Alison said you now won't be paying it off for the next however many years.

xx
Mrs Missty
Mrs Missty
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down