wonderful weddings!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

additional info in invites

4 posters

Go down

additional info in invites Empty additional info in invites

Post  sinatra_ass Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:47 am

hi ladies, i am just starting to write the additional info for our invites but i'm not sure what to put, so far i have this:

Additional Information

Accommodation is available at ***, please let Bryony know if you would like a room reserving. Room tariffs vary from £100 - £160 for double occupancy and includes breakfast.

Limited accommodation is available at the following places, please contact them directly if you would like to make a booking:

Venue
Tel

As you know, we have lived together for quite a while and so do not need the traditional housewarming wedding gifts. Your presence is requested, not your presents, but for those wishing to buy us a gift we would appreciate a contribution to our Trailfinders honeymoon account so that we may have a fantastic honeymoon to America next year. Please see the enclosed information for the full details.

What do you think? Too much info, not enough? What should i include in here? does the gift list bit sound ok?

sinatra_ass
Paper Bride
Paper Bride

Back to top Go down

additional info in invites Empty Re: additional info in invites

Post  kr15 Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:02 am

Sounds fine honey, whats your venue like? Is it far away from places? So would taxi numbers be handy? What about parking at the venue?
kr15
kr15
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  sinatra_ass Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:06 am

ok, have amended to this, is this better? i'm wondering whether to also add "Dress Code: Fabulous!" but not sure if it sounds shit lol!

Additional Information
Accommodation is available at Hemswell Court, please let Bryony know if you would like a room reserving. Room tariffs vary from £100 - £160 for double occupancy and include breakfast.

Alternatively, limited accommodation is available at the following places, please contact them directly to make a booking:
Ermine Lodge, Caenby Corner, LN8 2AR
01673 878152
Church Farm B&B, Fillingham, DN21 5BS
01427 668279

Taxis
C-Bees, Barton 01652 661123

Your presence is requested, not your presents, but for those wishing to buy us a gift we would appreciate a contribution to our Trailfinders honeymoon account so that we may have a fantastic honeymoon to America next year. Please see the enclosed information for the full details.

Hemswell Court
DN21 5TQ
www.hemswellcourt.com
Full directions can be found at the website

If you need any further information please contact us at the details found on the main invitation.

We look forward to having you share our special day with us!

sinatra_ass
Paper Bride
Paper Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Missty Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:15 pm

Sounds good, I don't think anything is too much as you then save people to coming back to you with questions, we also had about parking, breakfast times. Smile
Mrs Missty
Mrs Missty
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie(10/07/10) Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:48 am

Sounds good. We are also putting in our time frame for the day so guests can see when they will be fed, so they can decide to eat or not before coming, and just to get an idea of whats happening and when. We are also putting a few words about confetti in (ie: Both the Church and Hotel allows the throwing of confetti, so please do bring some if you so wish). x
Charlie(10/07/10)
Charlie(10/07/10)
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  sinatra_ass Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:52 am

i was gonna put the time frame in but have decided to just do that on the day. i felt a bit cheeky basically saying "come fed but please donate to our honeymoon" lol!! not really sure about confetti, i'm not gonna mention it and hope no one brings any cos i hate the stuff!

sinatra_ass
Paper Bride
Paper Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie(10/07/10) Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:04 am

Well if you don't want confetti, you could always request people don't bring it as you're not keen?

I am just putting the timings for everything, people can figure it out for themselfs if they are happy to wait for food or if they want to eat sooner. eg:

Order of the Day:
12.30pm – Wedding Ceremony at Church
1.15pm – Photo's outside Church
2pm – Arrival Drinks at The Hotel and Photo's
3.10pm – Receiving Line leading to The Dining Suite
3.30pm – Speeches
3.45pm – Wedding Breakfast Served
6.30pm – Evening Reception begins
7.15pm – Cutting of the Cake followed by Bride and Grooms First Dance
8pm – Evening Buffet Served
9.30pm – Wedding Cake Served
12.30am – Last Orders, End of Reception

If they have that list then they can think "Oh, no food before 3.45, I'd better eat something light to keep me going" or whatever! lol
Charlie(10/07/10)
Charlie(10/07/10)
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down