wonderful weddings!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cake Topper UPDATE - RECEIVED!

+7
MrsAJM2B
Mrs Burnett 2B
nikkiduck 17/07/10
Claire-Joannah-Rhymes2b
kr15
zepsgal (admin)
Charlie(10/07/10)
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Cake Topper UPDATE - RECEIVED! Empty Cake Topper UPDATE - RECEIVED!

Post  Charlie(10/07/10) Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:54 am

So girls, as some of you may know, I had a bit of a panic towards the end of January, as I read some awful reviews about my cake topper lady, and she was not answering her emails or calls. Finally she got back to me, saying that she would start work on our topper immediately, and we would have it by the end of February. She was very apologetic for the lack of communication, and asked me to let her prove the reviews wrong. Well hey ho, here I am today, the 1st of March, and I haven't even received the picture of the topper she promised me, never mind the topper itself. I have heard nothing from her since. I admit that I am impatient, but under these circumstances I feel I have a right to be annoyed. I did not pay her £60 for nothing. And I would expect that if a supplier gives you a date, they should stick to it. No wonder her reviews are so bad. So I am going to have to email her later again, and probably wait another few weeks for a response Evil or Very Mad

Sorry for the rant ladies, I'm just really pissed off with this woman. Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by Charlie(10/07/10) on Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:08 am; edited 3 times in total
Charlie(10/07/10)
Charlie(10/07/10)
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Cake Topper UPDATE - RECEIVED! Empty Re: Cake Topper UPDATE - RECEIVED!

Post  zepsgal (admin) Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:10 am

I remember reading this and hoping that you get something sorted. Doesnt look too promising though. Shocking service, I mean, if you know there is bad reviews surely you would make sure you work hard for the next few months to get positive reviews??

Or is that just me?!
zepsgal (admin)
zepsgal (admin)
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  kr15 Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:28 am

Completly agree seps, get chasing Hun and let me know how it goes!
kr15
kr15
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Claire-Joannah-Rhymes2b Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:43 am

Ah hun...
Still having problems are you? I think you have been patient enough now babe - time to get abit firmer with her on your mails and calls till she gets the picture - cheeky mare! x
Claire-Joannah-Rhymes2b
Claire-Joannah-Rhymes2b
Administrator
Administrator

https://love-weddings.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie(10/07/10) Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:54 am

FFS, I emailed her on Monday saying "Hi Tasha, how are you? Just a quick email to ask if everything is alright with our topper, as I was expecting to have received it by the end of February as agreed. Let me know please.
Thanks, Charlotte."

Big surprise - I got no reply from that. So today I forwarded that same email to her with this added in big red letters: "Can you please let me know what is happening with my order?"

An hour later I get an email from the same email address, with the subject being AUTO REPLY, saying "Thanks for your email, unfortunately we are experiencing a network problem and as a result there may be a delay in replying to you. We have been assured that this issue will be resolved as soon as possible".

Why do I get the feeling that she is pissing me about big time? What can I do about this? It's getting right on my feckin nerves, and with a cold, sore throat and newly started diet, I am in a bad enough mood already without her adding to it. Any suggestions?!
Charlie(10/07/10)
Charlie(10/07/10)
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  kr15 Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:40 am

Is there a phone number for her honey?

Whats her website, let me do some digging Smile
kr15
kr15
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie(10/07/10) Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:45 am

I have tried calling her number before now, but she never answers her phone, and if I leave messages, she doesn't get back to me. The site is www.claytoppers.co.uk. I googled it back in January after having no response from her, and was horrified by the reviews I had read. But of course she'd had my money long before then. I emailed her that time saying about the reviews and that I wasn't at all happy with the lack of communication, so she agreed to get the topper made and sent out to me by the end of February latest. So of course, now it's March, I am wondering where the hell my topper is.
Charlie(10/07/10)
Charlie(10/07/10)
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  kr15 Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:55 am

Well Ive got her address if you want to try sending a special delivery letter? Could threaten to take her to small claims? Maybe to scare her?
kr15
kr15
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  kr15 Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:44 am

O.k just sent her an email saying I was interested and got a call back in less than 5 minutes. Tried to get a landline but she wasnt handing it over.

Charlie I would try sending her a 'im interested can u call me' using a fake name and email and different number and then let her call you
kr15
kr15
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie(10/07/10) Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:58 am

Thanks hun, that's really useful. She is clearly avoiding me. My big sister (MOH) is working in Peterborough tomorrow, and said she doesn't mind knocing on her door for me. Now, my sister works in security, is quite butch and would scare most people into action. So I'm gonna give her a tinkle now and ask if she can pass by her house and have a word. Hopefully she'll be in. Thanks again babe. xxxx

ETA: what email address did you email her on? questions@ or tasha@?
Charlie(10/07/10)
Charlie(10/07/10)
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  kr15 Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:25 pm

The contact form on her site dear.

Have you got her address or do you want it?
kr15
kr15
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  kr15 Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:28 pm

CHARLIE!

Posted on another forum asking for help about tracking her down and she's only gone an emailed me!

Her message is:

Hi,

Claytoppers is me! I am not ignoring anyone! I have Bronchitis at the moment so can barely speak and top of this we had been having a few problems with our website but as far as I am aware an automatic email is being sent out to let people know who try to get in touch.

I don't really want to go into the details of a clients order or name on a public forum without their say so but I am really sorry if your friend has been worried. I know who you mean and we have spoken - she is very lucky to have a friend to help her out like you have!

Tasha

So have you spoken?
kr15
kr15
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  kr15 Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:32 pm

And if you want a giggle, look at this!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=30526457#post30526457

Oh and her home phone number is on there if you fancy chasing it a bit!
kr15
kr15
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie(10/07/10) Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:11 am

OMG kr15, I just want to hug you! Bless ya, going through all that effort for lil old me! No, she has not spoken to me, she is still ignoring my emails. The last time I heard from her was by email at the end of January. I would try the landline that you found, but that's not her address. I have her address in Peterborough because I sent the cheque there. Bronchitus my @rse! It's excuse after excuse with her! It's funny how she can't fulfil orders because her boy is sick/a family member has died/she has bronchitus/her mother is ill, and yet she still has time to go online and check her reviews, and even answer questions on yahoo! I think I will try calling her mobile a few times today, and if she doesn't answer, my sis will pop round there and try to speak to her after work.

Thanks so much for your help kr15, you are one special lady. x

By the way, she didn't promise delivery before xmas, she promised by the end of Feb, and my Wedding isn't until July. Did you stretch the truthy a bit you naughty girl? hehe! lol!
Charlie(10/07/10)
Charlie(10/07/10)
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  kr15 Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:17 am

Maybe just a tad, lol.

Could you try the home number? I know when my boyfriend moved house he actually took his phone number with him. Or maybe they have the phone number for her if it's the old house?

I posted about it on the consumer website because a few months ago someone got ripped off and through the domain searches they managed to find the guys address and home phone number, and found him on facebook. One member then turned up at his doorstep demanding a refund for this other member, and loads of us added him on facebook and hounded him until he refunded. Was hilarious to watch! If anyone can help you, these guys will Smile

Is your sister going to see them today?
kr15
kr15
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie(10/07/10) Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:22 am

Indeed it looks like she will if the lazy madam doesn't answer her phone. I don't think she is trying to rip me off, I just think she is really slack. Poor customer service skills. She shouldn't be in business if she can't make orders on time. I just wanted a personalised topper for god's sake! Isn't it funny how having bronchitus prevents her from replying to me, but not to you! When you spoke to her yesterday, did she sound ill?! x
Charlie(10/07/10)
Charlie(10/07/10)
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  kr15 Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:23 am

Nope, sounded fine Smile

It just appears she is crap at her job and doesn't seem to understand that if your that bad you should give up!
kr15
kr15
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie(10/07/10) Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:31 am

Why make excuses? If she would've just replied to my email on Monday saying "sorry, I have fallen a bit behind on orders, I will have your topper out to you by the end of March now, hope this is okay", I wouldn't have a problem! I just hate being ignored, especially by someone who has promised a service and taken my money! I think I have found her on facebook, but I'm not sure how that can help me. If I send her a message through there she will no doubt just ignore it. Evil or Very Mad
Charlie(10/07/10)
Charlie(10/07/10)
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie(10/07/10) Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:45 am

Well bugger me! I just called her and she actually answered the phone! She said that she has bronchitus (didn't sound too good, although I am thinking it is put on). She said my topper is finished and looks lovely, but due to being ill won't be going to the post offiice until Monday. So she said I should receive it on Tuesday before 1pm. Hmmmm, we'll see. I asked her to send me a picture of it in the mean time, whether that actually happens or not I don't know. For all I know she may not have even made it yet. I swear, in future, I will research companys thoroughly before I put any money down. x
Charlie(10/07/10)
Charlie(10/07/10)
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  nikkiduck 17/07/10 Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:57 am

glad you got a reply hun Smile
let us know if it actually turns up!!
x
nikkiduck 17/07/10
nikkiduck 17/07/10
Paper Bride
Paper Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  zepsgal (admin) Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:25 am

Well thats a start........

Lets hope the cow sends it out, and it better be fecking beautiful!! Twisted Evil
zepsgal (admin)
zepsgal (admin)
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie(10/07/10) Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:58 am

Yes it had better be what I have asked for. I doubt I will get it on Tuesday to be honest. I'm still checking my emails for the picture now....
Charlie(10/07/10)
Charlie(10/07/10)
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  kr15 Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:22 am

Shes messaged me again:

Hi, I have spoken to your friend. I know I have panicked her and that is regrettable - hopefully she will like the pic and the topper will have been worth the wait
regards

So I replied:

I would be concerned about your reputation. There are many many stories on the internet about your business. I am also a business owner and know that reputation is everything. Especially as on 3 of the main wedding forums there are topics saying to avoid you at all costs, that's not going to help.

Look forward to seeing it before 1pm on Tuesday

And she said:

like I said on the forum, I am not proud of the posts but they were a result of a small percentage of orders being late at a time when I was travelling up and down the country (horsham to addenbrookes nr cambridge) because of my sons illness. This is why we moved and are now based much closer. I am not trying to excuse anything, and I know people are bound to think the worst but I am honestly not trying to rip anyone off. i love what I do and thats why I am still doing it.

I'm loving this Smile Anyone else got any problems?
kr15
kr15
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie(10/07/10) Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:24 am

lol. Think we should give the woman one last chance and see if the topper turns up on Tuesday.

What time did she send you that email hun? x
Charlie(10/07/10)
Charlie(10/07/10)
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  kr15 Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:28 am

That was this morning at about 11.

If you look at the topic I posted to a lot of people are interested in it now! lol
kr15
kr15
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next