wonderful weddings!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cake toppers.. i know others have had some experiences....

5 posters

Go down

Cake toppers.. i know others have had some experiences.... Empty Cake toppers.. i know others have had some experiences....

Post  Irish_Bride_2_b Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:55 am

Hey ladies,

I have been thinking about getting a personalised cake topper rather than a spray of flowers, and thought it would be fun to have the B&G representing our chosen professions (nurse & Teacher).
I went online and found some websites, and have emailed off for quotes - i have had some back - they seem to average about £130!!! Does this sound about right or does anyone know if i can find them cheaper? also, does anyone have any recommendations about which company to use- i know Charlie had a bit of a rough ride with her cake topper lady (hope its all sorted now?!)?
I am still thinking about it, so any input would be great!!

Thanks girls!
xx
Irish_Bride_2_b
Irish_Bride_2_b
Tin Bride
Tin Bride

Back to top Go down

Cake toppers.. i know others have had some experiences.... Empty Re: Cake toppers.. i know others have had some experiences....

Post  Mrs Burnett 2B Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:26 pm

I'm getting mine from http://www.delaneydesigns.co.uk/ and they are much cheaper. I googled them before going ahead and they seem to be ok.
Mrs Burnett 2B
Mrs Burnett 2B
Paper Bride
Paper Bride

Back to top Go down

Cake toppers.. i know others have had some experiences.... Empty Re: Cake toppers.. i know others have had some experiences....

Post  kr15 Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:27 pm

I know a local bakery to me does them (Mr Buns Bakery, search for them on facebook as they don't have a website yet but there is plenty of pictures on there). He's alot cheaper than the internet ones but I'm not sure if he posts, worth a try though!

I think Charlie's issue is now sorted, but I still wouldn't go near her lady! Lol
kr15
kr15
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie(10/07/10) Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:56 am

Yes, I now have my topper and am really happy with it. It cost me £60 including delivery, which is a fab price. But, if I knew then what I know now, I would've paid the extra to save me the stress and hassle. Whatever you do, stay away from Claytoppers. I think the woman is a nice person, and she's clearly very talented, but her customer service sucks, and it really isn't worth the hassle. And if I did want to use her again, I'd tell her my Wedding was in a months time, to make her rush the order.
Charlie(10/07/10)
Charlie(10/07/10)
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  Irish_Bride_2_b Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:36 am

Am glad about that Charlie!
I have had a couple of very good quotes from 2 companies - Delaney Designs (http://www.delaneydesigns.co.uk/) (Thanks Mrs Burnett 2 B!), and from Icedjems (www.icedjems.co.uk) - both in the region of £65 inc delivery.

I will have a think and choose which style i prefer!

Thanks girls!!

xx
Irish_Bride_2_b
Irish_Bride_2_b
Tin Bride
Tin Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  LouiseYxxx Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:06 pm

I got my cake topper from http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/Kressies-Wedding-Accessories (sorry I can't work out the links on this lol)https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?pid=10015150&id=896235453 (might have to copy and paste that as I cant get the link to work at all. I couldn't fault them at all. When you order the topper they send you an email asking different questions and you can send them any pics you want them to get details from. My topper also had a wee necklace on and everything. I have a couple more picces that aren't on fb I could send you if you want. I can't remember exactly how much mine were but they were around £50 mark for the 2, that included special delivery. I thought that was quite good as others i'd seen were well over £100. They added the Liverpool scarf to my groom at no extra cost. We got so many comments about them on the day too everyone loved them.

Hope this helps x
LouiseYxxx
LouiseYxxx
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down