wonderful weddings!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bloody Vets

4 posters

Go down

Bloody Vets Empty Bloody Vets

Post  Kaz&Rich Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:57 pm

Hi All,

Sorry this is kinda a blub session and a rant!

My cat had a massive fit this morning and as it took her so long to come round (like over an hour) we called the vet and took her down as I truly thought she was dying in my arms. She was struggling to breathe, she'd gone totally limp and was non responsive to her name or me stroking her etc. All the vet did was look at her eyes, listen to her heart and check she had a pulse in her back legs and they are trying to charge me £80 for like 5 mins of their time!! Does anyone know if this is standard? When I took her the first time it happened last year they charged me £40 and that included an antibiotic injection.

I started my new job today so was really stressed and am really upset cos she was soooooooooooo out of it!
Kaz&Rich
Kaz&Rich
Paper Bride
Paper Bride

https://www.facebook.com/kazlumb

Back to top Go down

Bloody Vets Empty Re: Bloody Vets

Post  Sarah sajo Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:07 am

Aw no, how is your cat now? I am not sure about vets costs I know they are ridiculous most of the time! x
Sarah sajo
Sarah sajo
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  Irish_Bride_2_b Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:32 am

Oh no, hope your cat is better now?

I know, vets fees are astronomical - but they have us over a barrel as we love our animals!!

Hope all is well and your new job is going ok!!
x
Irish_Bride_2_b
Irish_Bride_2_b
Tin Bride
Tin Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaz&Rich Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:59 pm

Thanks girls! Cat is back to her normal nagging self! Howling for food, litter box changing, not being centre of attention etc! You would seriously think that nothing had happened!

Still not paid the vet bill mind, if they'd have told us the costs had doubled i might have risked it till normal hours when the fees are only £20!

New job is brilliant!! Just sooooooo much to get my head round!
Kaz&Rich
Kaz&Rich
Paper Bride
Paper Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  Irish_Bride_2_b Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:29 pm

Awww, glad your cat is ok - i have 2 myself so know how you feel about them!!

Also, glad job is going well, am sure that it wont be long until its second nature to you!!

x
Irish_Bride_2_b
Irish_Bride_2_b
Tin Bride
Tin Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  maddiecat Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:24 pm

Two of my cats have had funny turns in the past - they go floppy, don't like the light and walk as if they are drunk! The vet has charged us lots and only checked them over and given them an injection. My vet says cats don't have strokes - I suppose he means one side going funny.

They recover in a day or so and go back to be as mad as usual.

Try not to worry too much
maddiecat cat
maddiecat
maddiecat
Paper Bride
Paper Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaz&Rich Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:47 pm

We have 3 altogether but the one who has the funny turns is the youngest (she's 11 and other 2 are 16).

Maddiecat - she does exactly what you have described, but she sometimes loses control of her bowels and she salivates like there is no tomorrow and cos she can't move, breathe etc it all slides into her lungs so she is effectively drowning Crying or Very sad

Our vet has said the same that cats don't have strokes and then went on to say that she might have a blood clot on her brain or a small bleed (sorry isn't that essentially what a stroke is????) they now think its to do with low blodd pressure, but whilst she is bouncing back ok with no lasting effects I am inclined to let her be.

Hope your 2 are ok!!!
Kaz&Rich
Kaz&Rich
Paper Bride
Paper Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down