wonderful weddings!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I think I might have found my wedding ring!

+2
FutureMrsP
UnconventionalBride
6 posters

Go down

I think I might have found my wedding ring! Empty I think I might have found my wedding ring!

Post  UnconventionalBride Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:42 am

No need to go to Brum now...take a look at this little beauty Very Happy

http://bkkgemstones.com/22mm-rainbow-sapphire-eternity-ring-p-3269.html

A bit more than I wanted to pay but I know someone else (on Offbeat Bride) who has bought these rings and she's really happy with them. I want a gemstone wedding ring but NOT diamonds - and this is literally all the colours of the rainbow! They're not natural stones but I don't really care, they're PRETTY. Razz
UnconventionalBride
UnconventionalBride
Paper Bride
Paper Bride

Back to top Go down

I think I might have found my wedding ring! Empty Re: I think I might have found my wedding ring!

Post  FutureMrsP Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:53 am

Its fantastic!

FutureMrsP
Tin Bride
Tin Bride

Back to top Go down

I think I might have found my wedding ring! Empty Re: I think I might have found my wedding ring!

Post  zepsgal (admin) Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:58 am

Oh that is just beautiful!! Unusual looking, and a very un-typical wedding ring, but I love it!! Smile
zepsgal (admin)
zepsgal (admin)
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  UnconventionalBride Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:26 am

Hm, I'm not sure they're ethically sourced sapphires. Bah. Back to the drawing board.

Sad
UnconventionalBride
UnconventionalBride
Paper Bride
Paper Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  FutureMrsP Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:26 am

See if a jeweller in the UK could make something similar?

FutureMrsP
Tin Bride
Tin Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  sinatra_ass Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:07 am

have you thought about buying all the gemstones and then having them set? that way you would know where they all came from, perhaps have a little story behind them and it probably would work out cheaper too

sinatra_ass
Paper Bride
Paper Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  xMrsM2bx Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:55 pm

I think its gorgeous! and I'm sure i've seen similar on qvc? You could maybe try there x
xMrsM2bx
xMrsM2bx
Paper Bride
Paper Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  UnconventionalBride Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:03 am

I've tried EVERYWHERE believe me! I'm going down sinatra_ass's route and have started buying loose gemstones. 10 3mm square peridots should be on their way to me now, and I'm going to mix them with *something else* to make a seven-stone band. Peridot is FH's birthstone and both our birthdays are on the seventh of the month - it would be nice if my birthstone was in there as well but of course I was born in April and it's sodding DIAMOND grrrr! DO NOT WANT!

I am looking at amethysts and iolites instead as they're my favourite stones, although a purple and green wedding ring might make me look like a scarily obsessed Wimbledon fan...
UnconventionalBride
UnconventionalBride
Paper Bride
Paper Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  zepsgal (admin) Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:17 am

Have you looked at GemsTv on sky? My MIL2B just told me she saw a ring like that and a bracelet to match the other day

I will have a look on their website to see if I can see it for you

x x
zepsgal (admin)
zepsgal (admin)
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  zepsgal (admin) Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:22 am

http://www.gemstv.co.uk/shop-detail.jsp?product=UFV2742&category=clearance&colourScheme=9

Dont get me wrong its not as nice as yours, but its worth keeping your eye on it for something better

x x

And Ive just noticed you are buying single gems, just ignore my posts! lol x x
zepsgal (admin)
zepsgal (admin)
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsAJM2B Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:14 pm

No joy in the jewellery quarter then? What about CZ instead of using diamond?
MrsAJM2B
MrsAJM2B
Paper Bride
Paper Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  UnconventionalBride Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:50 am

MrsAJM2B wrote:No joy in the jewellery quarter then?

Not been yet...!

out CZ instead of using diamond?

I just don't like uncoloured stones, to be honest. I've now bought some loose amethysts as well and am hoping to find someone (possibly in the JQ!) who can make them into a ring for me.

Or I might get a very thin rose gold plain band instead. I don't like yellow gold but rose gold has the pretties.
UnconventionalBride
UnconventionalBride
Paper Bride
Paper Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down