wonderful weddings!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Civil Ceremony - Can we have instrumentals of hymns?

5 posters

Go down

Civil Ceremony - Can we have instrumentals of hymns? Empty Civil Ceremony - Can we have instrumentals of hymns?

Post  kr15 Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:43 pm

So we had a nice long car journey today so decided to talk music for the wedding.

H2B has suggested we have Jerusalem for the signing of the register. Now I know we can't have the normal version because it's full of godly words, lol. But we're not interested in it because it's a hymn, it's a cricket song!! Lol.

But if we had a brass band version, would this be ok? As there are no words, god isn't mentioned! But it's still a hymn...
kr15
kr15
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Civil Ceremony - Can we have instrumentals of hymns? Empty Re: Civil Ceremony - Can we have instrumentals of hymns?

Post  MrsAJM2B Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:56 pm

I have wondered this myself - if there are no religious references then maybe yes?? People may not recognise certain songs as hymns, I know I don't a lot of the time!!
MrsAJM2B
MrsAJM2B
Paper Bride
Paper Bride

Back to top Go down

Civil Ceremony - Can we have instrumentals of hymns? Empty Re: Civil Ceremony - Can we have instrumentals of hymns?

Post  FutureMrsP Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:51 pm

I don't think you can... but you won't know unless you ask! Jerusalem is pretty much used as a National Abthem for England so they may allow it.

FutureMrsP
Tin Bride
Tin Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsM2B (SmileyBride) Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:57 pm

If you slant it as the sporty version you'd hope there wouldn't be a problem if there are no words... can you let me know what they say though - could open up some other avenues if they say yes Wink

Cheers
xx

MrsM2B (SmileyBride)
Tin Bride
Tin Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsBee2Bee Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:01 pm

I very much doubt they'll let you, unfortunately. Sad

There are very strict rules about civil ceremonies (I've heard of people being asked to take off their necklaces if they are crosses!), and I think they will veto any hymns, even if they are instrumental versions. Sorry Sad
MrsBee2Bee
MrsBee2Bee
Paper Bride
Paper Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down