wonderful weddings!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advice for male friend needed: first date

+7
Charlie(10/07/10)
Pink10/7/2010
MrsBee2Bee
MrsAJM2B
Mrs Missty
married29
kr15
11 posters

Go down

What should he do?

Advice for male friend needed: first date Vote_lcap22%Advice for male friend needed: first date Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 2 ]
Advice for male friend needed: first date Vote_lcap22%Advice for male friend needed: first date Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 2 ]
Advice for male friend needed: first date Vote_lcap56%Advice for male friend needed: first date Vote_rcap 56% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 9

Advice for male friend needed: first date Empty Advice for male friend needed: first date

Post  kr15 Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:19 pm

So a friend of mine has liked this girl for a while and they've known each other through work for a while. He's now left the company so decided to ask her out and she said yes Smile

They're going out this week and he's wants to take her to pizza express (it's in a good location here, and is perfect place). But his dilema is he has a voucher for there that gives him 2 courses dirt cheap, but he's not sure whether to use it! He doesn't want to look cheap but at the end of the day saving money is a bonus!

What do you think? I wouldn't mind, but I'm a tight ass!

Please help ladies, lol
kr15
kr15
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Advice for male friend needed: first date Empty Re: Advice for male friend needed: first date

Post  married29 Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:35 pm

i persionally would feel hes asked me on a date and rather take me out he wants to use this voucher and get money off but then im a cow Very Happy

married29
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Advice for male friend needed: first date Empty Re: Advice for male friend needed: first date

Post  Mrs Missty Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:36 pm

Tough one, I wouldn't mind as I like saving money on things too! If he's in doubt about it though, could be not go and pay at the till (instead of at the table) so she doesn't have to see him use a voucher?
Mrs Missty
Mrs Missty
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsAJM2B Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:38 pm

I would say how very cheap on a first date!! You want to impress after all. But, if he can get away from it and pay at the till without her there then bonus and she'll never know!!!
MrsAJM2B
MrsAJM2B
Paper Bride
Paper Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsBee2Bee Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:09 pm

I'm with the others - if he can sneakily pay at the till, then fine and dandy. If not, then I wouldn't personally. I was once chatted up in a club and the guy asked me if I wanted to go to the cinema. He suggested a Wednesday night, as he could get BOGOF with Orange. I politely declined. Wink It's fine (in fact, great!) in an established relationship, but I'd find it ever so tight fisted on a first date.
MrsBee2Bee
MrsBee2Bee
Paper Bride
Paper Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  Pink10/7/2010 Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:48 am

Personally, If she really likes him then it shouldnt really matter about the amount of money he is spending or not xx

Id say go for it and use the voucher x
Pink10/7/2010
Pink10/7/2010
Paper Bride
Paper Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie(10/07/10) Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:01 am

I agree with pink, it really wouldn't bother me if I liked the guy. And afterall, first dates are supposed to be about getting to know eachother, so if he's the type of guy who would usually use vouchers, why not let it show? If she has a problem with it, perhaps she's not the right gal for him? It honestly wouldn't bother me though, I'd think it was quite cute in a funny sort of way. But then I am as far from a snob as you can get! lol
Charlie(10/07/10)
Charlie(10/07/10)
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  UnconventionalBride Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:33 am

Wouldn't bother me, although I'd insist on paying my half.
UnconventionalBride
UnconventionalBride
Paper Bride
Paper Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah sajo Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:37 am

If I was him I would use it and just make a joke of it or just telling her upfront that he was not sure whether to use it or not as didnt want to seem like he was taking her on a cheap date so how about taking her on somewhere for a drink with the money he has saved, something like that. x
Sarah sajo
Sarah sajo
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  Sinky 11/11/11 Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:41 am

I agree with Sarah. If she is such a snob that that is enough to put her off him then he is better to find out now haha! It wouldn't bother me at all but then I wouldn't expect him to pay either.
Sinky 11/11/11
Sinky 11/11/11
Paper Bride
Paper Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  zepsgal (admin) Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:50 pm

I voted for use it but sneak it to the waiter.

I dont know if I would see it as cheap, I like saving money too! I just think, I dont know, its a bit off to use it for a first date. It might put her off. But then if it put her off him, I wouldnt want a girlfriend like that!

But who is to say that he is paying? Yes he asked her out, but if I was asked out on a date I would at least offer to pay my half. Im sure your friend will offer and will pay the whole thing himself, but Im just throwing in another angle!

x
zepsgal (admin)
zepsgal (admin)
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down