wonderful weddings!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My report....

5 posters

Go down

My report.... Empty My report....

Post  Charlie(10/07/10) Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:42 am

Okay, so here goes my report, after a year or so of reading others, I didn't think I'd ever get to the point of writing my own, but here it is! Sorry for the huge pictures ladies, not sure how to do them smaller!

Friday 9th July
To cut it short, we spent the day rushing around, first to see the cake and drop off the topper, then to collect the groomsmens suits, drop them to their prospective wearers, then into town for nails to be done, then to florists to collect the parents bouquets (got to see my hand tied while I was there, it was so exciting!). Finally on to the hotel at 7pm to dress the chairs. Didn't think it would take too long, but we was there until about 11pm tieing sashes. If I'd have known then what I know now, I would've payed someone else to do the chair covers, but never mind, they looked good anyway!
My report.... Table

Got home for about midnight, had a cheeky chinese, opened a few cards, then we went to bed for the last time as a non-married couple....

Saturday 10th July - The Wedding!
Woke up at about 7.30, had a relaxing 30 mins before the best man came round to collect h2b and our youngest son (19 months old). After a big hug and trying not to cry while saying goodbye, I waved them off, and suddenly felt very alone in a quiet house. Our eldest son (8 years) was watching TV up in his room, so I had about 45 mins on my own to reflect before the young bridesmaids started turning up at 9am. My mum was also supposed to be round by 9am, but for reasons I won't go into, she didn't come round until 9.40. When she did finally arrive, she was in a foul mood, and done nothing but make me very stressed and annoyed all morning. Thankfully my MOH (sister) arrived at about 10.15am, and dealt with her for me. The fact my mum was late was very annoying, because I was supposed to have my hair done first, but because the hair dresser was here before my mum, she had to start on the girls hair, leaving mine until last. Well, because I was last, my hair was very much rushed, and I was not happy with it at all. My tiara was on bent, it felt like my veil was falling out, it was not like the trial, and there was no time to fix it. Felt like crying. But oh well, too late for anything to be done, so my sister helped me into my dress and out the door we went. It was about 12.15. Got into our limo's, drove to the church. When we got there, the chauffeur opened my door for me, and I tried to get out, but the tog was telling me to stay there a minute for pictures. To be honest, at this point I was so wound up by my mums attitude, I just wanted to get away from her as quick as possible and down the aisle to my h2b. But I sat for a few photo's, and when I finally was allowed out of the car, the Priest was stood infront of me, telling me he's going to go ask everyone to stand, then we make our entrance when we hear the organist play. That's when the nerves really kicked in....
My report.... Bride

So, I stood at the entrance looking and feeling very nervous, then I heard the organist start my entrance song. Que me walking down the aisle. The first half I felt nothing but nerves, but then I saw h2b looking at me with a big grin, and then the emotion hit. I had to try realllly hard not to burst into tears, but I managed to hold it together.
My report.... Aislewalk3

He looked so gorgeous. When I got to the top, he asked me if I was okay, and my response was "I am now!". The whole service was lovely, not too long, not too short, and saying our vows was magical, even though Kyle did get a bit tongue-tied in places because of his nerves! We had to sign 4 books for the register, then before I knew it we were walking back down the aisle as a Married couple....
My report.... Walkingout

Outside, we had a few photo's taken, our chauffeur brought us a glass of bubbly each, the weather was beautiful, and even though it was a hectic time with everyone trying to talk to us and the tog trying to get us organised for photo's, it was lovely, our first few moments as a Married couple.
My report.... 2
My report.... BrideMOHGroom
Before we knew it, it was time to go onto the hotel. It was a nice time (about 20 mins) of being on my own with my new husband. Although I did have a rant about my mums behaviour, but luckily Kyle is used to this, lol. But in all seriousness, it was a romantic, private time, just me and him. I loved it. Then we were there. We had some more pictures taken whilst arrival drinks were served on the lawn.
My report.... BrideGroom1

The kids all really loved the bouncy castle I had hired as a last minute thought. The best £80 I've ever spent. The kids weren't bored, and their parents didn't have to worry about them - result! Even me and Kyle had a go on it later in the day, the tog took some photo's of that, can't wait to see them, bet they'll be hilarious!
After a few hours, everyone made their way into the wedding breakfast room. Kyle and I was ushered into the reception area, waiting for everyone to settle in. Then he took us through and announced us as Mr and Mrs Gadsby. Everyone stood up and clapped and cheered and whistled. It was a fantastic feeling!
My report.... 5

Next came the speeches. My mum made a speech, which considering her whole attitude that day, was very appropriate and brought a tear to my eye. That's the only nice memory I have of my mum on my Wedding day. Next was Kyles speech, and god bless him, he was soooo nervous, and forgot where he was in a few parts, but somehow managed to pull it off! the best mans speech I can't really remember much of now, but I do know it was very sweet and sincere. We then had our meal. Wow! Starter of parma ham and melon, main of tradition roast beef dinner, dessert of cheesecake with chocolate sauce, and it all seemed to taste even better than at our tasting session! It was gorgeous, every bite!
My report.... Dinner
Most people went out onto the patio after the meal (alot of smokers lol), so that gave the staff a chance to move chairs and centrepieces into the other part of the room for the evening reception. They done a good job, it looked lovely. DJ turned up at about 6pm, had a quick chat, then he went to set up. Evening guests started to arrive at 7pm, had lots of laughs on the patio with them. Then before we knew it it was time to cut the cake. Que everyone cheering again as we made our way through the crowd to the cake table. I felt like a star with all the camera flashes going off. I vaguely remember the DJ playing "Wifey" while we posed. It was fantastic, but my face hurt a little from smiling so much. lol.
My report.... CakeCutting2

Straight after the cake cutting, we were called onto the dance floor for our first dance, aerosmiths I don't wanna miss a thing. It was perfect for us. We started just dancing, but in the end we were singing to eachother, possibly a bit cheesey, but I don't care, we were enjoying it!
My report.... FirstDance2
My report.... Wedding044

After that, it was just a big party! The tunes kept coming, everyone was having a fab time, I got to see Kyle doing some rather wierd drunken dance with a 4 year old. lol. At the very end of the night, must have been about 12.45, it was just me, Kyle, my 2 aunties and 2 uncles, my cousin and his wife left. Last song was "Don't stop me now", and we all had great fun dancing in a circle and taking it in turns to go into the centre and bust a move! pmsl. I will never forget that, especially my cousin sliding across the floor on his knee's, and he's no small man! lol. Great fun.

So all in all, to sum up, I had the best day ever, the only down side was my mother, and we are not on speaking terms anymore because of it. She's let me down so much in the past, but I didn't really think she would on my wedding day. I'm not upset, just angry with her. And she shows no remorse. But other than that, our day was perfect for us, the most magical day of my life. Can't wait to see the DVD now!

A few words of advice for B2B's:
*Don't worry too much about the small things. I know it's easier said than done, and I used to have sleepless nights worrying about favour boxes, and if my ribbon coordinates perfectly with the scatter crystals, but honestly, on the day, you won't notice it, and even if you do you won't care anymore!
*Don't let ANYTHING ruin your day, or the memory of it. If people are awkward on that day, then it's their problem, not yours.
*Enjoy every second, it goes so quick.
*Good luck! x
Charlie(10/07/10)
Charlie(10/07/10)
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

My report.... Empty Re: My report....

Post  zepsgal (admin) Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:09 am

Awwwwwwww!! Bloody hell you brought a tear to my eye with your report! Congratulations!!

Of course there was things you wish didnt happen, but really dont let that take anything away from the day you married you man! Just focus on the good things honey!

And you looked totally stunning! Your colours all co-ordinated beautifully, the whole day looked gorgeous mrs!!

Congratulations!! x x x
zepsgal (admin)
zepsgal (admin)
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  missusS Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:14 pm

Congratulations, sorry you hard a hard time with your mum, your report and pics are gorgeous, you look amazing and it sounds a fantastic day, love your first dance song, that's what we had as well, lol!
missusS
missusS
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  KellyC2B Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:06 pm

Wow what a fantastic day! You looked sooo beautiful and sooo happy... x
KellyC2B
KellyC2B
Tin Bride
Tin Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  Irish_Bride_2_b Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:10 am

Congratulations!!!

Sounds like you had a lovely day (despite your mum annoying you!!)!!

You looked lovely - i wish you all the love and happiness in the world!
xx
Irish_Bride_2_b
Irish_Bride_2_b
Tin Bride
Tin Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down