wonderful weddings!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grr - why are people so awkward!!! Off Topic..

3 posters

Go down

Grr - why are people so awkward!!! Off Topic.. Empty Grr - why are people so awkward!!! Off Topic..

Post  KellyC2B Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:45 am

I listed loads of Me to You Bears on Ebay (clearing space and making money) and specifically listed them as paypal only.

Have had an email this morning from one of the buyers to say that she has won 6 of the bears (woohoo!) but doesn't have paypal, can she send a cheque and can I offer a discount on the postage!!! (Booo!)

I am really annoyed! Mad

As I now have to make an extra trip to town to cash her stupid cheque, I don't want to give her discount on the postage... what would you do???
KellyC2B
KellyC2B
Tin Bride
Tin Bride

Back to top Go down

Grr - why are people so awkward!!! Off Topic.. Empty Re: Grr - why are people so awkward!!! Off Topic..

Post  kr15 Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:49 am

To be fair discount on postage is quite common when people buy multiple things. If you think about it to send 6 bears seperately its dearer than if you send 6 together. Just make sure you re-work out how much it will cost before quoting her.

You can accept a cheque, BUT do not even contemplate sending anything until the cheque has fully cleared and you can take the money out in your hand. Otherwise they could try and cancel the cheque.

BUT at the end of the day you can say 'no paypal only' and not offer a discount, but it may cause negative feedback / bad dsr's Sad
kr15
kr15
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Grr - why are people so awkward!!! Off Topic.. Empty Re: Grr - why are people so awkward!!! Off Topic..

Post  KellyC2B Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:53 am

I wouldn't have had any problem offering a discount if she was paying by paypal... my bank is a pain to get to!

And I would never send it until the cheque had cleared- that means they'll be hanging round my house for at least another week!!!

I know I will probably give in as I don't want bad feedback but am just really peeved that she didn't think to ask before bidding!
KellyC2B
KellyC2B
Tin Bride
Tin Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  Claire-Joannah-Rhymes2b Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:03 am

Tell her to P** off Kel - thats what i would say - but iam just out spoken. Iam an avid user of ebay, not a seller but a big buyer - 9 times out of 10 before i commit to buy it has a panel saying, 'seller only uses paypal for this transaction' there must a section on the settings that allows you to change this - have a look for it and change it.
Cheeky cow asking for a discount! The whole purpose for the p&p charge is because the package is delivered to your door - hence she would have had to pay the same price as the charges using petrol to get into town or the bus etc to get the bears.
Just explain nicely you dont offer a discount as you are sending in bulk and are just covering costs!!!! Postage today aint cheap me dear!!!!
Claire-Joannah-Rhymes2b
Claire-Joannah-Rhymes2b
Administrator
Administrator

https://love-weddings.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  KellyC2B Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:00 am

As a seller you have to accept paypal now. It quite clearly states paypal only on the listing for the very fact that I can't easily get to the bank!
I think I'll accept the cheque but the postage is what it is because of the extra trip I'll now need to make!

Looking at her feedback she has previously been a non-payer (although not in the last 12 months) so I won't hold my breath!!!
KellyC2B
KellyC2B
Tin Bride
Tin Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  Claire-Joannah-Rhymes2b Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:14 am

Oh dear - You dont think her cheque will bounce do you? x
Claire-Joannah-Rhymes2b
Claire-Joannah-Rhymes2b
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  KellyC2B Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:27 am

Well I'm not sending anything till I have the money in my hand.

I've invoiced her the full amount and said it's becuase I have to make an extra trip into town. Lets see what "misspainintheass" says!
KellyC2B
KellyC2B
Tin Bride
Tin Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  Claire-Joannah-Rhymes2b Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:40 am

Fingers crossed for you!
Touch wood i have not had any big problems on there -But i think as my stars contiue to go up - i shall prob run into trouble somewhere along the line! x
Claire-Joannah-Rhymes2b
Claire-Joannah-Rhymes2b
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down