wonderful weddings!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When to inform people of name changing?

2 posters

Go down

When to inform people of name changing? Empty When to inform people of name changing?

Post  Charlie(10/07/10) Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:35 am

Just a quick question ladies. When should I start writing to people (ie. GP, bank, DVLA etc) to let them know I will be changing my name? I'm assuming some like the bank and DVLA will want to see a copy of the Marriage certificate, so how does that work? Do I wait until after the Wedding and then write to them?
Charlie(10/07/10)
Charlie(10/07/10)
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

When to inform people of name changing? Empty Re: When to inform people of name changing?

Post  missusS Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:46 am

the bank etc will want to see you certificate, some places-utility companies will want a copy of it sent, dvla need to see the original, gp should just be a form to fill in, it's endless. Wait til after the wedding so you have the documentation-I'm 3 months after the wedding and still remembering other places that need to be told, lol x
missusS
missusS
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

When to inform people of name changing? Empty Re: When to inform people of name changing?

Post  Charlie(10/07/10) Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:50 am

Oh, okay, thanks hun. Is there anyone who I can tell before the Wedding, so I don't have so much to do after? lol
Charlie(10/07/10)
Charlie(10/07/10)
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  missusS Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:03 am

I don't think so, maybe just work and mates, so they know it's going to happen, but I'm sure you have to wait til after before its all official, there are kits like this available,

https://www.namechangeco.com/products/newnamekit/

I don't know how ggod they are cos I didn't bother and just made a list myself, printed it off a wedding website
missusS
missusS
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie(10/07/10) Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:14 am

OMG, that has scared me! 30 -40 organizations need telling? I didn't think it would be that many! I think what I will do, is between now and the wedding, write a list of everyone who needs to be informed, find out how to inform them (through letter or form), find out if they need to see Marriage certificate or copy, and draft up any letters I need, and get any forms I will need. Atleast this way, half the work will have been done in advance!

Thanks very much for your input hun, it has certainly helped! x
Charlie(10/07/10)
Charlie(10/07/10)
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  missusS Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:21 am

I didn't realise how many places held my details either, just realised yesterday that I haven't let Next know when I went online to their sale! ooops, should really deal with that sometime!
missusS
missusS
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down