wonderful weddings!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bough h2bs wedding ring, bit of a dilema over mine...

5 posters

Go down

Bough h2bs wedding ring, bit of a dilema over mine... Empty Bough h2bs wedding ring, bit of a dilema over mine...

Post  zepsgal (admin) Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:59 am

So h2b found a wedding band yesterday! Woop! Palladium 7mm band, totally not what I thought he would go for, but he loves it, so we bought it!

I seen a beautiful one in Chisholm Hunter, http://www.chisholmhunter.co.uk/html/details.php/pid/8567/cid/589/jewellery/rings/eternity_rings/18ct_white_gold_baguette_cut_diamond_channel_set_eternity_ring_.html but its way over budget. So I had suggested getting that one from Argos that is an identical ring but in 9ct white gold, and its £154. Wull said he would buy me any ring I wanted after the wedding, so I picked http://www.chisholmhunter.co.uk/html/details.php/pid/7169/cid/589/jewellery/rings/eternity_rings/18ct_white_gold_baguette__amp__brilliant_diamond_set_ring.html (which looks a lot better in real life! lol)

But Im just unsure now about buying that Argos ring. I mean, it looks really good on, it suits my engagement ring, and Wull has said we can replace it after the wedding if I want to. Sorry, Im not really sure what the point of my post is.

Its just, I had budgeted about £300 for rings, cos Wull was looking at titanium for himself, we seen ones for like £40 and £50 that he liked. But then we get into town and he spends £400 on his ring! By the time we bought that and went to Argos, I was actually nearly crying when we left Argos. Its ridiculous, but I was just really upset that we spent so much on his ring and now I cant afford a better ring. But I was going to buy the cheap one anyway, but now I cant buy a better one even if I wanted to.

I know I just sound like a big selfish bitch, so I havent even told h2b how I feel. I just need to vent a little. Like do I really want him to have a cheap ring so I can have something more expensive? Well no, I dont. But, i dont know. Hmmm, Im not really making much sense, am I??

x x x
zepsgal (admin)
zepsgal (admin)
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Bough h2bs wedding ring, bit of a dilema over mine... Empty Re: Bough h2bs wedding ring, bit of a dilema over mine...

Post  married29 Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:07 am

i understand hun we had his n hers in a gift seft he wanted gold but i wanted white so he went with my choice hehe x

married29
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Bough h2bs wedding ring, bit of a dilema over mine... Empty Re: Bough h2bs wedding ring, bit of a dilema over mine...

Post  Charlie(10/07/10) Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:15 am

Hunny, I don't see where the problem is here! You said you was going to get the cheap ring anyway, and he has said he will buy you any ring you want after the wedding. So where is the problem? Am I just being thick? I don't get it! lol x
Charlie(10/07/10)
Charlie(10/07/10)
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  zepsgal (admin) Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:21 am

No Charlie, you have got it in one! I told you Im just being stupid. I just wanted to be able to splash out and we cant afford it. Im just upsetting myself over nothing really.

Sad
zepsgal (admin)
zepsgal (admin)
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah sajo Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:33 am

I know what you mean, you had planned on getting a cheaper ring to stay in your budget which was fine but really you wanted something else but for the sake of the budget and cause you were both doing that it was all ok, now Wull has found his perfect ring and got it and its over budget so now you "settling" for a cheaper ring to stay within the budget doesnt feel as good any more, its natural that you should feel you want your ring too now that Wull has found his and I would probably want mine too there on the big day, of course you are happy for him that he has got his sorted but its natural to feel a bit emotional too that you might not be able to do the same. Is there no where that you can get your ring cheaper or to stretch your budget to get it? If it happens that you get the argos ring just try and look and it this way, you will be getting the one you want which will give you something to look forward to when the wedding is over and you will have two rings that you get to keep that will be very special to you xx
Sarah sajo
Sarah sajo
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie(10/07/10) Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:40 am

zepsgal (admin) wrote:No Charlie, you have got it in one! I told you Im just being stupid. I just wanted to be able to splash out and we cant afford it. Im just upsetting myself over nothing really.

Sad

Aww hun, I know it's bad when you want something but can't afford it. But just think, you like the argos ring, and I'm sure it'll look just as beautiful as the expensive ring. And then, you will have something to look forward to after the wedding, you can make Wull buy you the most pretty, expensive ring ever! lol. Chin up hun, you're not being silly, we all get upset about things once in a while. x
Charlie(10/07/10)
Charlie(10/07/10)
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  zepsgal (admin) Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:45 am

Thanks sarah, that makes much more sense than my ramblings!

I do this all the time though, I go without or I settle for less so I can give Wull more. I dont ever get spoiled, get suprises, get random presents from him. But then I control the finances so how could he treat me without me noticing the money going out of the bank?! Poor Wull is in a no win situation!

Sorry, I feel Im just moaning for the sake of it. Theres nothing I can do about it now, he is really happy with his ring, and so am I.

Im off to Argos website to buy my ring! x x x
zepsgal (admin)
zepsgal (admin)
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah sajo Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:48 am

Have a good moan, let it all out, thats what we are hear for. Just make sure you treat yourself too!! xx
Sarah sajo
Sarah sajo
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie(10/07/10) Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:04 am

That sounds just like me! I control the finances, h2b's cards are in my wallet, he actually asks me if he can take a few quid, then I laugh and tell him it's his money too, he doesn't have to ask me, take what you like! But he still asks every time! It's a bit annoying actually. The one time he didn't ask was my birthday last month, he just took some notes from my wallet and went and bought me a bottle of champagne, which I was very happy with! So maybe he's finally understanding that he doesn't need to ask to spend his own money!

But I don't get spoiled either. If h2b wants a new phone, I check the accounts to make sure we've got enough money, and then he has his new phone. Where-as my phone has survived 3 changes in his phone, I could desperately use a new one, but I won't get one! lol. We girls would go without for our fella's everytime zeps, that's what love will do to ya, it's a dangerous thing! x
Charlie(10/07/10)
Charlie(10/07/10)
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  zepsgal (admin) Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:14 am

Smile

Im glad its not just me then! I feel really bad saying things like this about Wull, he isnt selfish, its not his fault I was in the jewellers saying 'Buy that one if you really like it baby, yes we can afford it!' I mean, did I really expect him to say no??!

No wonder men get comfused with us lot, we say one thing and mean something totally different!!

Right, just checked the argos website and that ring is not available for home delivery or for collection. Which means with argos that its probably not coming back into stock. The woman in Argos yesterday reserved the one and only ring in my size at a store in town, so now I need to get the day off tomorrow and go buy my ring!! Wish me luck getting the day off!! Laughing
zepsgal (admin)
zepsgal (admin)
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie(10/07/10) Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:17 am

Good luck!

Silly argos, they never have the things I want in stock! lol
Charlie(10/07/10)
Charlie(10/07/10)
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  zepsgal (admin) Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:18 am

Bloody happens all the time! Im still waiting on the tanzanite jewellery set I want coming back into stock, that has been months!!! Mad
zepsgal (admin)
zepsgal (admin)
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  missusS Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:29 am

Your ramblings make perfect sense! Why don't you get the less expensive one now, then you can look forward to the more expensive one when you can afford it? maybe for your Christmas, birthday, anniversary or just a wee treat when you can afford it? Like I've said in other posts thats what we did, I got a mega cheap one for the wedding and and have just got the more expensive one I wanted-and I'm having my engagement ring reset to match it, but I do get what you're also saying about spending more on Wulls so now the choice isn't there for you now within your budget, now i think I'm rambling! Lol Rolling Eyes
missusS
missusS
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  zepsgal (admin) Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:42 am

Thanks girls, I know Im being daft, but at least you all understand! lol

Just spoke to my boss there about getting tomorrow off, she is being bloody difficult (she is my eldest sister btw, which makes her attitude even more bloody annoying!!!)

I asked for the day off, explained about the ring being out of stock everywhere apart from there. She said why dont you just go in the morning, come to work in the afternoon. I said I would see (meaning I want a long lie so there is no way Im heading into Glasgow at 9am so I can be at work for 12 noon!! She said why dont I just get my sisters boyfriend to go pick it up for me Shocked Eh no, its my WEDDING RING!! I need to try it on before I buy it! Am just fecking annoyed at her now. It wouldnt be that if it was her fucking wedding, she would be off tomorrow without a second though!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
zepsgal (admin)
zepsgal (admin)
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie(10/07/10) Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:45 am

What time's your argos open until hun? I know one of ours is open until 8pm....maybe if yours is you could go after work?

Family's eh, who would have em? lol
Charlie(10/07/10)
Charlie(10/07/10)
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  zepsgal (admin) Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:52 am

Its open til 7pm, but I work about an hour from that store, thats without traffic (which I will be stuck in) and without parking in Glasgow and walking up to the store. Im not trying to be akward, but its really not possible to get there before it closing. Why cant she just be fecking nice and let me have the day off????

Im just in a mood I guess. Sorry girls, I might be really crabbit today! Laughing
zepsgal (admin)
zepsgal (admin)
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  missusS Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:31 am

Have you tried Argos at east kilbride, braehead the forge etc? i know you're glasgow area but not sure where, maybe one of these ones would be easier than getting into town and parking is usually better too. Their jewellery quite often comes up that you can't check stock online or reserve it online.Just a wee idea x
missusS
missusS
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  zepsgal (admin) Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:43 am

I cant see a phone number for any of their stores?

Am I just being daft?? lol
zepsgal (admin)
zepsgal (admin)
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  missusS Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:49 am

lol, try their customer services number, they should know what each store has, or give you each stores number

Other ways to Check & Reserve
By phone: Call 0845 640 1010
Make sure you know the catalogue number(s) of the product(s) you wish to reserve and your store number (3 or 4 digit code), which you can find in our store locator or at the back of the Argos catalogue. Then call 0845 640 1010 and follow the simple steps.
missusS
missusS
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  zepsgal (admin) Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:06 am

ok, so I called the number and the stupid automated woman said she cant check that item because its an item that needs to be sized, please call into your local store.

So I had a wee cry in the kitchen to myself (must get a grip today!!) and spoke to my sis again. She said I cant have tomorrow off no probs!

So Im off to buy my ring tomorrow!! Very Happy
zepsgal (admin)
zepsgal (admin)
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie(10/07/10) Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:18 am

Wooohoooo! U should try getting all emotional and teary infront of your sister more often! seems to work! lol. x
Charlie(10/07/10)
Charlie(10/07/10)
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  missusS Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:45 am

God, these things can be so annoying, stupid Argos! I kinow that if you go into a store they can check if other branches have your size, well if they are feeling helpful they will, some will just look at you as if you've asked them to fly to the moon, not look at the computer! (That's what East Kilbride Kingsgate did-but the Forge were very helpful) and they can size rings down for you, free I think, if they only have bigger sizes
missusS
missusS
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  zepsgal (admin) Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:50 am

Oh I know MissusS, some of them are bloody awful!!

You know I just noticed I wrote bough instead of bought lol x
zepsgal (admin)
zepsgal (admin)
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down