wonderful weddings!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Wedding Report -24 April 2010

4 posters

Go down

My Wedding Report -24 April 2010 Empty My Wedding Report -24 April 2010

Post  Mrs Missty Tue May 11, 2010 2:44 pm

Wedding Report (Advance Warning - Beware it's really long!!!)

Well the day before did last minute errands, taking things to the hotel, along with the dress as I was staying the night. Then went to get my nails done and a bit of a pamper. About 6.30pm Jay and I said our goodbyes at the hotel, he was off to spend a night home alone with the playstation! (Although apparently he was walking aimlessly round the flat wondering what to do with himself! Bless him!)

At the hotel met with my bridesmaids and we went for some tea at a restaurant nearby, though I couldn’t eat a lot. Back to the hotel and tried to find my parents who were staying as well along with other family members, went to their room and then my aunt and uncle joined us so we all went for a drink in the lobby with a couple of cousins and their families too. It was nice to catch up with them as I knew what the next day would be like. Bridesmaids left me to go and do their nails, but told me I couldn’t stay up late as I needed my sleep! Lol I went to my room about 11pm as knew I wouldn’t get much sleep. Tried sleeping, but with a mixture of the room being too hot, the bed too hard and nervous excitement I didn’t sleep much at all!!

The Wedding Morning
Alarm went off at 6.45am, looked out of the window and I could tell the sun was shining, so I got up and showered and pottered about the room until my bridesmaids joined me at 8am, they had already made a start on putting curlers in their hairs, (one bridesmaid is a hairdresser so this helped) so it was just a case of putting them in mine (though today they wouldn’t stay in! Typical but to be honest I wasn’t too bothered.) So we went down to breakfast, rollers and all, for 8.30am met one of Jay’s family who had also stayed the night before so bet I looked a picture with bags under my eyes and rollers in! Lol Make-up artist then arrived early so went to set up in the room while I finished eating something, though again couldn’t eat much as my stomach was too nervous.

8.50am started my make-up while bridesmaids were doing their hairs, realised that we had forgotten one of the bridesmaids hairbands so they had to ring Jay to bring it, which he did along with my shawl which I had also forgotten (but didn’t need in the end!), make-up was done by 10am (had a call from florists to say that the flowers were downstairs so we went to get them and then my niece began on my hair. I was all finished by 10.45am except for putting the dress on, bridesmaids were putting make-up on.

11am I had a call to say groom was here and that Betty would come for me once ready, so basically had to stay in the room! Also checked on buttonholes for Jay and party, so said they were for them and we had the rest. Bridesmaids started to get their dresses on, but they got them mixed up and had each others on so thought one wouldn’t fit until they worked it out! Funny after the initial panic!

11.30am photographer arrived for photos in the room, I was just getting in my dress. So while I was laced into it by one bridesmaid the other had some photos taken. Once I was fitted in, we had some more photos and then at 12 noon my Dad and Mum came to room for a few more photos, after awhile the photographer left us all in the room to be ready to take photos downstairs and Mum went downstairs to join everyone else. We waited to be collected to go and see the registrar, the room was really warm as we couldn’t open a window and had already turned the central heating off and the air con on, but it didn’t create much cool air as it was high up! I was just ready to go by this point and was starting to feel uncomfortable with the heat so we opened the door to let some ait through, about 5 minutes we were collected and me and my Dad went to the Registrar’s room and the bridesmaids went down to wait in the lobby. After seeing the Registrar we came back to the lift and headed down to the lobby, I started to well up as we got into position but a few deep breaths held it together! Lol

The Ceremony
We were positioned outside the doors to the room the ceremony was taking place in, and then the music started (Boyzone’s Better) and the doors open and at this point I can’t remember much, not even the music, just remember seeing Jay at the other end of the aisle and a big smile appeared on my face and the tears disappeared. I reached Jay and handed my bouquet to a bridesmaid, really can’t remember which one, lol, I just passed it back! Jay held my hand and squeezed it tight to try and calm my nerves, which did the trick. Dad decided to sit down (though I hadn’t noticed at the time) so had to be called back up to give me away, bless him! Jay held my hand(s) throughout the whole ceremony, as if he didn’t want to let go. Once the ceremony was over (only took 15 minutes I think!), we signed the registrar and had loads of photos taken, my face felt like it was frozen in place already! We walked out of the room and had a glass of bucks fizz, which I was ready for! Lol

Photos
We had some photos outside of the hotel and then just myself, Jay, the bestman (Jay’s brother) and bridesmaids went to the marina which was only 5 minutes away, and it was sunny which was even better, we managed to have photos taken on a boat (I was amazed I got on it! Lol), although there was a wind it was lovely and cool. We then headed back to the hotel for some more photos.

Wedding Breakfast
At 3pm we got ready to meet everyone as they came in (we decided just to have Jay and I), at least we knew we had spoken to everyone at this point! We were then taken out of the room and brought back in as Mr and Mrs Fincham!  We all sat down and we had the speeches, Jay went first with a lovely speech, while talking about me, he made a lot of people cry, me especially as it was just so sweet and he made me feel so special. The bestman then did his speech, we had worried a little as he said he would be doing a powerpoint presentation but did admit it was just to wind us up! Lol His speech was lovely, and I couldn’t ask for a better brother in law.

We then had the meal, which was Vegetable Soup to start, which was lovely, but far too much for me as didn’t want to fill up so only had a quarter. Then we had chicken wrapped in bacon, with vegetables and stuffing, again it was beautiful and we had loads of vegetables but I found I couldn’t eat alot of it even though it was very tasty. Finally for desert we had Chocolate Mousse in a brandysnap basket, which I ate the lot! It was scrumptious!

I couldn’t fault the staff at the hotel, they were brilliant and very accommodating and everything went very smoothly. Finished about 5pm, so we went around the room for a chat with people just to catch up, so we wandered the room for an hour or so, then people began to pop home to get changed as the evening reception did not start until 7.30pm.

Evening Reception
Went up to our room with the cards we had so we could open a few before heading back downstairs, I even managed to watch Doctor Who! Lol We then headed back downstairs where a few people were already waiting, we booked singers (Lewis and Kirk) and they also did the DJ’ing so they had set up which looked really good. At 8.15pm it was time for our first dance, which was to Michael Buble’s Everything, and one of the singers sung it for us (and did a fabulous job too!), as we had had a few dance lessons with Jay’s parents we set off dancing a simple foxtrot and everyone starting whooping and clapping which was amazing, we were so glad we had decided to learn something! At the end we did a little twirl to another round of applause and whooping, it gave us such a good feeling, and ever better when the singers said it was the first time they had seen the whole dance floor used!

We then cut the cake, and the singers began their first set of rat pack songs. They followed later on with a rock and roll set and then a set of more up to date songs too, Dj’ing in between. The night went so fast, we did manage to stop and watch for awhile, by the time we had said hello to everyone we were saying goodbye to some! Finally, I’m part of a car club and one lad decided to get up to mischief, I was pulled to the front of the dance floor, where all the lads from the club got down on one knee and serenaded me with You’ve Lost that Loving Feeling, it was definitely memorable. The singers thought this was great and even helped out with singing! I then had to give a trophy to the best dancer of the night and of course I gave it to Jay, he doesn’t normally dance so the fact that he was on the dance floor for 5 songs with me at the end meant so much and he actually admitted he quite enjoyed it. The night finally came to a close and I really didn’t want it to end, we were the last to leave the room with a little help from family taking presents up. I really didn’t want to take the dress off though, so we sat watching tv for awhile until I could bring myself to undo it!

Now if you are still reading well done, I’ve babbled on for far too long and even tried cutting back on it too. Everything was perfect and wouldn’t have changed anything, except maybe for a little more time as it went far too fast. Thanks for reading and hope I haven’t bored everyone too much! Lol x
Mrs Missty
Mrs Missty
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

My Wedding Report -24 April 2010 Empty Re: My Wedding Report -24 April 2010

Post  zepsgal (admin) Wed May 12, 2010 12:54 am

Oh congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

Def not too long, I love reading wedding reports!!

Sounds like a fantastic day honey, so happy that it all went to plan for you!

x xx x xx x xx x
zepsgal (admin)
zepsgal (admin)
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  missusS Wed May 12, 2010 1:19 pm

sounds like a great day, congratulations, can't wait to see pics x
missusS
missusS
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  kr15 Wed May 12, 2010 2:06 pm

Great report hunny, just as we like it. Full of details!!

Can't wait for pics Smile
kr15
kr15
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Missty Thu May 13, 2010 9:47 am

Thanks Ladies. Smile

Here's a link to a few photos, but for some reason won't let people see my facebook ones. Will see if I can figure it out! lol

http://www.marykingphoto.co.uk/gallery_333188.html
Mrs Missty
Mrs Missty
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  missusS Thu May 13, 2010 3:07 pm

Pics are gorgeous, I love your dress Very Happy the black and white photo is lovely
missusS
missusS
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down