wonderful weddings!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wedding Report

+4
Irish_Bride_2_b
missusS
zepsgal (admin)
Sarah sajo
8 posters

Go down

Wedding Report Empty Wedding Report

Post  Sarah sajo Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:09 am

I wont bore you with all the holiday details just add in a couple of highlights, we left here on the Thursday and headed to Manchester on the train from Durham, got off at Manchester airport and stayed in a hotel there the night as our flight was 6.20am. Got up really early and headed to airport, we had paid extra for baggage and last minute decided also to get an extra case to take my dress on as cabin luggage rather than hand, so we had about 46kg between us altogether, they came to over 51! and we didnt get charged! I did drop in that my wedding dress was in one of the cases so maybe she let us off cause of that. We did some shopping, I got bm's some benefit makeup for their pressie (I decided not to go with photobooks in the end after the drama we had just before I went, felt a bit silly giving them books about how fantastic our friendship was) had a massive breakfast at 4am! and a glass of bubbly. I somehow slept all the way on the plane so it didnt even feel like we had been on 2 minutes when we arrived. Anyway skipping through all the holiday stuff, we had a great first week, ate alot of pasta, pizza, ice cream etc, sun bathed lots, went to Pompai and Capri, met with wedding planner, I had a hair and make up trial, met with owner of restaurant where we were having reception, he gave us loads of wine to try for free and convinced us to have dessert on wedding day. When we had been there one week (Friday 11th) this was the day that most of our guests were arriving, we were both so excited we hardly slept the Thursday night. They all had an early morning flight like ours so by the time we had breakfast and a little sunbath we sat in the main cafe of the square which is great for people watching called Fauno bar, my mam, her partner and aunty and uncle and family friend arrived first, we all had a drink together then we met some of Riks family in a bar near their hotel. The next lot including my brother and neice and my cousin who lives in Canada who I had not seen for years were due to arrive late afternoon so everybod who had got their so far all met again in Fauno bar and waited, their bus went past us in a different direction so a couple of us went chasing after it to find where it stopped, it was brilliant when they all get off, we were all jumping around hugging each other, we had a geat few days after that, all met up to watch the England v USA match together, Rik had a boys night out after that and on the Sunday we had a girls Sailor night where I got very very drunk and had to recover all day Monday. One of the best ever nights though was the Monday night, the night before the wedding, my mum and brother about 6 of them in total stayed in a little apartment which was ran by an italian man and his family who lived on the grounds, he did a pizza night for us, we had salads and pizza and wine all home made, the Italy match was on and we all sat together, almost all of our guests came and we drank and talked with the Italian family, it was fantastic. Then about half 11 Rik and everyone left and I stayed at the apartment for the night.

THE WEDDING DAY

I had breakfast with my family in the apartment and they text Rik to tell him I would be back at our hotel to get my dress etc about 12ish till 1 where I would then go to my Aunties apartment as it was 20 seconds walk from the Cloisters (yes we counted it haha) my bms were getting a taxi there and the arrangement was they would pick me up on the way about 12.30. So I got to the room sorted my stuff, had a bath and got ready in record time to set off to the other apartment. I headed down to the hotel reception with my dress and all my bits and waited for taxi with BM's in to arrive, ten mins later no show, I started to panic, tried to ring BM no answer, it was now getting on for 12.45, hairdresser was due at my aunties place at 1, I looked out onto the street and saw Rik walking up it!! Really started to panic, picked up all my stuff and ran back to room, burst out crying ( i had had about 3 hours sleep, bed was uncomfortable and felt weird without Rik, when I saw him I thought I may as well have stayed with him all night) rang my brothers girlfriend to tell her to ring Rik to tell him not to come to hotel room, she did and told me just to get a taxi myself to aunties so I headed back out to look for a taxi, 2 mins later a man came running after me to tell me he had my friends in his taxi at top of Street, I was still crying like a fool at this point, BM's convinced me there was nothing to worry about, that it was only an issue if Rik had seen me which he hadnt and even worse if he had seen me in my dress. Got to aunties in time by now I was laughing and crying at the same time, my auntie calmed me down and sorted me out. They had made a little buffet of fruit and sweets and nibbles with bellinis so we got cracking on those. Hairdresser came and did me bms and cousin who wanted her hair doing too. By 3.30 I was totally ready I had an hour to wait, had a wee before I put dress on so I wouldnt have the hassle of going with dress on then as soon as I put it on I needed another, so that killed some time with me and bms getting me on loo! My brother came to apartment and everyone else apart from bms and my Uncle who had the key stayed. I asked my Uncle every 2 mins what time it was, I felt a little nervous but not too bad, just wanted to get there. Finally when it was time we headed down, wedding planner met us and gave me bouqet it was the first time I saw it and it had the charm with the pic of my dad in, I managed to stay calm and not get upset, we had a few pics taken then it was time to head in! We had a mandolin player and he started the wedding march. My brother and I walked through the arch and I had to stop! I kept tripping over my dress, so me and brother sorted that out then headed down the aisle, my brothers girlfriend told us when we walked through me and him both had the same expressions on our faces like we were about to start crying so she had to look away cause she nearly went. We had our ceremony which was in Italian and translated to us, the mandolin player kept playing all the way though, then we were married! Everyone cheered, we had photos inside the cloisters and everyone got sent out while we had couple shots. When me and Rik came back out we were cheered at again and got confetti thrown on us. More photos in the garden and I was boiling!!! I was so uncomfortable but somehow my make up managed to stay intact. We headed to reception which was a couple of mins walk, all the Italians in cafes or cars beeped and cheered and congratuled us as we passed. We had welcome drinks and nibbles when we arrived at reception, we sat there for about an hour and the food was never ending! We had mozarella and tomato, suppli which is like fried rice balls and so delicious, all kinds of other things, we thought they were never going to stop coming out, after about an hour there we headed up to the garden area where we sat at our tables, had the speeches which were really good a few people had a few tears then the meals started, I had a suppli again and Rik had some kind of beef salad we had chose before hand and these were the two starter choices, we then all had ravoli as the pasta course then the meat course was either tuna steak or fillet steak, I had tuna Rik had fillet, most people had the fillet and they all said it was the best they had ever tasted! We then had dessert which was a mixture of little cakes, then the wedding cake! We were all totally stuffed. We had wine all the way through and were later told by the owner that he had never seen people drink so much wine!! After the meal we headed back to the bar area and had a dj and some cocktails, danced all night and had a brilliant time, we all started to leave about 2ish, the lack of sleep the night before was catching up with me, that is definately my one tip as hard as it might be, try and get as much sleep as possible, if I could go back and do it again I think I probably would have just stayed with Rik the night before and more than likely would have slept much better. I really had a fantastic day and cant believe its been and gone!
Sarah sajo
Sarah sajo
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Wedding Report Empty Re: Wedding Report

Post  Sarah sajo Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:12 am

Sarah sajo
Sarah sajo
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  zepsgal (admin) Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:22 am

AMAZING!!!

You nearly had me in tears a few times there Mrs! Cant wait to check out the pics on facebook tonight!

Im so happy for you that you had a good time, seems like the whole holiday was just perfect!

Yaaaayyy!!! Very Happy Very Happy
zepsgal (admin)
zepsgal (admin)
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  missusS Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:58 am

It sounds amazing, congratulations, your photos are fab, you look gorgeous and it looks just brilliant Very Happy
missusS
missusS
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  Irish_Bride_2_b Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:56 am

Congratulations!!

Great report!

Love your photos - you all look so happy and gorgeous!!

Well done!
xxx
Irish_Bride_2_b
Irish_Bride_2_b
Tin Bride
Tin Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  KellyC2B Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:13 am

Awww you made me cry!!!

Report sounded fab, pictures are beautiful... what a gorgeous pair you make x
KellyC2B
KellyC2B
Tin Bride
Tin Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  sinatra_ass Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:01 pm

logged back in just for this!! sounds fab hun, love your piccies as i've already told u and congratulations again!!! xx

sinatra_ass
Paper Bride
Paper Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah sajo Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:56 pm

Aw good I like wedding tears, i asked everyone if they cried haha. Aw I was going to put a report on fetti just for those who were still on there, will do when I get a minute, its just been one mad rush since I got back, thanks girls xx
Sarah sajo
Sarah sajo
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Missty Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:13 pm

Fabulous report, sounds like you had an amazing time and you looked gorgeous, hun. Congratulations. Very Happy

x
Mrs Missty
Mrs Missty
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah sajo Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:54 am

Thank you, cant believe its over 4 weeks since I got there and almost three weeks since I got married, I want another holiday now! haha x
Sarah sajo
Sarah sajo
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  zepsgal (admin) Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:48 am

Three weeks? It seems like it was yesterday!

x
zepsgal (admin)
zepsgal (admin)
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  alison27_11 Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:28 am

Just got round to reading this...... sounds perfect and like all the planning was worth it.

Was all the effort worth it? How did the party at home go?
alison27_11
alison27_11
Tin Bride
Tin Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah sajo Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:54 pm

Yes it was all defintaley worth it, we had a brilliant time and all of our friends and family did too, two people who came we practially had to force to come as they had not been abroad for years and were a bit anxious and those two were the saddest to leave italy in the end and are already planning their next trips abroad, so I am really pleased about that. Was a couple of hic ups but all in all it was brilliant and yes party back home was really good too, all our food was italian themed which went down really well x
Sarah sajo
Sarah sajo
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  alison27_11 Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:11 am

Ah it does sound lovely..... i didn't want to leave Italy when my brother got married there last year....

As you've got time on your hands now, do you fancy finishing off the planning of mine?!?!?!?! LOL!!!!
alison27_11
alison27_11
Tin Bride
Tin Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah sajo Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:14 am

Yes I would love to haha, send me whatever you need doing! x
Sarah sajo
Sarah sajo
Old Married
Old Married