wonderful weddings!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can I have a wee bit of advice please about a wedding invitation I got?

3 posters

Go down

Can I have a wee bit of advice please about a wedding invitation I got? Empty Can I have a wee bit of advice please about a wedding invitation I got?

Post  missusS Wed May 26, 2010 1:37 pm

Hiya,
I'll try not to ramble but we got an invitation to a friends wedding recently, it was addressed to hubby and myself on the envelope and the inside was printed blah blah request the pleasure of your company etc, should I assume that it doesn't include our son? Our kids are friends-that's how we met. we are good enough friends that I can ask easily enough, but I know the whole invitation thing is a minefield, lol, also we have been invited all day, when I thought we would be evening only, knowing the costs involved I think she has been really generous inviting us all day and do appreciate it, however hubby will prob be working during the day, is it cheeky to say that we would love to come, but due to work commitments we can only come at night? Like I say, the invitation thing is a minefield and I don't want to offend or upset her or sound ungrateful! Help with tact and diplomacy-which I lack-gratefully recieved!
Thanks, I know you girls will give great advice as usual! x
missusS
missusS
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Can I have a wee bit of advice please about a wedding invitation I got? Empty Re: Can I have a wee bit of advice please about a wedding invitation I got?

Post  Irish_Bride_2_b Wed May 26, 2010 2:36 pm

Hmm, tricky isnt it?

If your hubby cant make the day, do you think your friend would mind if you took your son in his place, then your hubby can come along to the evening?

I would personally send an acceptance card, thanking her for the invite, but put a little note in there explaining how hubby is working. Then i would give her a call after you think she has got the card and check about your son.

I am sure she will be fine about it all, but you're right - the whole invite things is not for the faint hearted!! LOL!!

xx
Irish_Bride_2_b
Irish_Bride_2_b
Tin Bride
Tin Bride

Back to top Go down

Can I have a wee bit of advice please about a wedding invitation I got? Empty Re: Can I have a wee bit of advice please about a wedding invitation I got?

Post  Sarah sajo Wed May 26, 2010 3:01 pm

Yeah I agree think thats good advice x
Sarah sajo
Sarah sajo
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  missusS Thu May 27, 2010 11:18 am

Good advice as always, thanx, i was chatting to her on facebook last night, and she said the invitation was for the 3 of us, so didn't have to ask, phew! I've also told her hubby may be working, but will get it sorted asap so she's not waiting to bump someone up from evening to all day if we can't make it! It's too far away for me and the wee man to go during the day and hubby to join us at night, especially as he doesn't drive, but that was a good idea!
missusS
missusS
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down