wonderful weddings!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scans tomorrow

3 posters

Go down

Scans tomorrow Empty Scans tomorrow

Post  MrsM2B (SmileyBride) Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:21 pm

Maybe should have put this in Rants 'cos that's how I'm feeling!

Basically I've had multiple brain surgery ops over the years for water on the brain and have 2 VP shunts in my head. My last operation was over a year ago, when they put the second shunt in (as the first was going wrong and it was easier to add another than take the first out and replace it)

I was really hoping that this had fixed it and I've been fine apart from headaches, which I can handle.

Unfortunately, after Easter I started feeling 'wrong' again (its difficult to describe, a bit like thinking through toffee - I just get really slow and dopey and want to sleep all the time) In the last 48 hours I've been in bed for about 40 of them and the shunt has started making hissing noises - never had that happen but I think it's probably safe to say it's not a good sign!

My surgeon is on holiday until the 26th April so that's not good but I have an appt tomorrow for cranial CT scan and xray so will see what they recommend Sad

It'll be fine, another op is nothing to worry about, I may lose my driving licence for 6 months but hopefully they won't have to shave too much of my head (they're normally really good)

See - I feel better after writing it down Smile

MrsM2B (SmileyBride)
Tin Bride
Tin Bride

Back to top Go down

Scans tomorrow Empty Re: Scans tomorrow

Post  missusS Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:33 pm

Hope your scan goes well and you're feeling a bit better, i had head surgery about 18 months ago and it was the hair being shaved that upset me the most! sending big hugs x
missusS
missusS
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  KellyC2B Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:18 pm

You sound so together about it all... I'm not sure how I would cope!!!

I'm sure it will all be fine though... look after yourself xxx
KellyC2B
KellyC2B
Tin Bride
Tin Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down