wonderful weddings!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

dress fitting today :(

4 posters

Go down

dress fitting today :( Empty dress fitting today :(

Post  Jazzie Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:24 pm

well girls i went for my first dress fitting today, and although I still like it, it doesn't fit me, I have 4 weeks to lose as much weight as I can. I'm so upset about it.

Jazzie
Paper Bride
Paper Bride

Back to top Go down

dress fitting today :( Empty Re: dress fitting today :(

Post  kr15 Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:41 am

How much do you have to lose hunny? I bet you can do it!!
kr15
kr15
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jazzie Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:36 am

I think the woman said abiut 9lb I know I can do it as i lost 4lb last week, so I just have to keep up what i'm doing and do that bit more..

Jazzie
Paper Bride
Paper Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  Irish_Bride_2_b Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:56 am

Does the 9lb she suggested include the 4lb that you have already lost?

If so, it means you only have 5lb to lose in 4 weeks, which is do-able - thats just over 1lb a week? If its not, then that means just over 2lb each week, which again, is do-able - although a bit harder!

You could try an extreme diet like Jason Vale's 7lb in 7 days - its basically where you drink juices and smoothies for 7 days, and he pretty much says you will lose on average 7lb in a week - a little extreme perhaps, but it might give you a boost and make the task less daunting?

Alternatively - is the dress a lace up back or button? If its button, can the shop alter it so it is a lace up as these dresses are more forgiving (so i am told) and if you cant manage to lose the 9lb, the dress would still fit?

I am sure you will succeed..... i can imagine how upset you are - when i went to try on dresses, i could only fit into 2 (being a size 18/20 and the shop only had size 12/14 samples for most of the dresses of course) and the shop made me feel abnormal and grotesque because of this, recommending that i 'lost weight before coming back to them' (yeah, right after your attitude, i dont think so!!) so its kind of similar, and i feel every sympathy with you.

As I said, i am sure you will do it - you just have to keep at it - stay positive!

xxx
Irish_Bride_2_b
Irish_Bride_2_b
Tin Bride
Tin Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  Jazzie Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:43 pm

Thanks Smile the 4lb isn't included in the 9lb which is a shame, but i'm so sure I will do it. I'll just do that bit more in the gym each time. It is lace up which is good. When i'm at home not doing anything i'll just go on the wii and do a bit so I have that, dancing monday night and the gym which I will go to 3 days for longer.

On a good note I did go to the hotel where the wedding is and spoke to the new owners (they sold last week) and sorted out food and drinks, so I'm happy with the new people.

Jazzie
Paper Bride
Paper Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  zepsgal (admin) Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:28 am

Aww mrs, thats not good Crying or Very sad The thing is, its only 9lb. Keep saying it, its ONLY 9lb! How much weight have you lost already, keep that number in your head too!

You have done so well already, a final push and you are there, at your goal weight! An extra 10 mins of exercise a day, clean the windows, hoover the stairs, it will all help!

You can do it!!! cheers
zepsgal (admin)
zepsgal (admin)
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jazzie Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:37 am

Thanks for the support, I know I can do this, is what i keep saying to myself and when i'm at home i walk around the house so i'm always moving so that helps.

Jazzie
Paper Bride
Paper Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down