wonderful weddings!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feel a bit swamped

5 posters

Go down

Feel a bit swamped Empty Feel a bit swamped

Post  Sarah sajo Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:43 am

I just cant get into wedding planning at the mo and dont know where to start, I have started this morning to sort out final things for my hen party over here going to Leeds, I am trying to think of some hen party type games to play on the mini bus on the way down there, any suggestions? Also I am going to put a breakfast hamper together for us all to have on the way so need suggestions for what to put into that. I also need to find a nice day time dress, some shorts and top for pole dancing then something to wear on the night! argghhh x
Sarah sajo
Sarah sajo
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Feel a bit swamped Empty Re: Feel a bit swamped

Post  married29 Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:13 am

crossiants!!x

married29
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  alison27_11 Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:18 am

A Mr & Mrs quiz always goes down well, but its not something you can do..... you should get your bridesmaid to do this one.
alison27_11
alison27_11
Tin Bride
Tin Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  zepsgal (admin) Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:09 am

Sweetie, I really dont think you need to organise all this stuff! I know its nice to think of the little things like games for the bus, but you really dont need to do it, especially if you have other things to organise. I would imagine everyone will be too busy chatting and having fun, they wont be sitting bored needing something to amuse them.

Dont get me wrong, if its something you really want to do then do it, but dont put yourself under pressure trying to plan the whole thing and make sure everything is perfect. Everyone will have a good time!

x x
zepsgal (admin)
zepsgal (admin)
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah sajo Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:22 am

I know, i cant help it, I have always been the orginiser haha. I have decided to sort a couple of things out each day for the wedding, today I am going to look abour for earrings at lunch time so i can cross that off my list, I should set you all little missions each day to help me haha here is your first, I have found this idea which I like, just need to find somewhere online that sells them in uk as I havent had much luck....

http://wedsmack.favorideas.com/adagios/remembering-loved-ones-at-your-wedding/

Its the photo on the bouquet to put a pic of my dad, what do you all think? x
Sarah sajo
Sarah sajo
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  kr15 Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:58 am

The one with the mini photo frame?

Maybe a cheap mini photo frame, or maybe even a locket?
kr15
kr15
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah sajo Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:15 am

Yeah the mini photo frame one x
Sarah sajo
Sarah sajo
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  alison27_11 Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:34 am

You're a braver girl than me having something like that. We're having my dad (he died 12 years ago) mentioned in the f'ather of the bride' speech by my uncle. I will spend all day working up to that moment.
alison27_11
alison27_11
Tin Bride
Tin Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah sajo Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:45 am

I know, its 15 years next month since my dad died and to be honest I have got pretty used to it, I am finding it harder these past couple of months than I have for a very long time, I think thats why I am panking about what to do so much because I dont think I realised till now how hard its going to be him not being there, also his sister is coming to Italy for the wedding so I dont want to upset her or at the same time make her feel like he has been forgotten about and there is my brother, he doesnt seem it but he is a big softy really. I read on a website that suggested those bouquet photo frames that it was a way to have him still walking down the aisle with me which I thought was nice x
Sarah sajo
Sarah sajo
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  zepsgal (admin) Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:54 am

I like those wee photo frames, such a nice way to remember someone. Ive actually got a lovely butterfly brooch that belonged to my mum, Im hoping i can get it attached to my dress or my bouquet in some way, as my little way of remembering her

x
zepsgal (admin)
zepsgal (admin)
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  alison27_11 Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:01 am

I'm getting tearful just thinking about it now!

My brother mentioned my dad at his wedding (in Italy) last year and the whole room was in tears. When i asked if he would give me away he said yes, but on the condition that he wouldn't make the speech.

I'm off to have lunch before i start blubbing at my desk..........
alison27_11
alison27_11
Tin Bride
Tin Bride

Back to top Go down

Post  kr15 Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:23 am

I've also got a butterfly brooch that was my nans which I want to take with me to the wedding and somehow have it with me at the reception.

Especially as the inheritance I got from my nan has paid for the wedding, which I know she'd want Smile

Steves dad died 5 years ago (a few months before I met him) and we've both agreed that getting married on the top of the bridge is the closest we could be to his dad and my nan Smile (think high place, lol)
kr15
kr15
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah sajo Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:03 am

Aw, weddings are so emitional they just make you realise how sad it is for these people not to be there doesnt it x
Sarah sajo
Sarah sajo
Old Married
Old Married

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down